NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

BillyWaz

Re: NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Bottom line is if people see a questionable pick, those behind should pick ASAP. That of course favors the people who are prepared, but doesn't everything? ;)

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm

I have seen a roll back where a team in the rollback, not the owner with the issue, have changed their pick which I don't think should happen. Is this wrong, can an owner change their pick who is not the person with the issue?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Jim Christie wrote:I have seen a roll back where a team in the rollback, not the owner with the issue, have changed their pick which I don't think should happen. Is this wrong, can an owner change their pick who is not the person with the issue?
I agree Jim. Once the rollback is made, everyone should be required to take the player they took originally.

gorgo

Post by gorgo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Lets get real there are only mistakes being made by people who cannot make a pick in 90 secs. They are timing out. Rolling back the draft is like letting a hitter in baseball say he really did not mean to take that 3r strike and the umpire lets him have another pitch . in all my drafts the only " glitch " that has come up has had nothing to do with the site or my computer but wasmy own error. These rollbacks penalize prepared drafters with a draft list that picks for you no matter what happens

'

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
Jim Christie wrote:I have seen a roll back where a team in the rollback, not the owner with the issue, have changed their pick which I don't think should happen. Is this wrong, can an owner change their pick who is not the person with the issue?
I agree Jim. Once the rollback is made, everyone should be required to take the player they took originally.
I think what the NFFC does with rollbacks is the fairest solution. Sometimes there are tech issues and sometimes people may draft too slow and get timed out - either way they are punished for being slow to react by not being able to select those taken after their pick.

Should subsequent drafters be allowed to change picks? No, I agree with Jim and Waz - unless they are selecting the player or players that became available because of the mistake.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Way to much kissing ass on this . The only reason the guy wanted a do over was he wanted someone better . There was no tech problems he just f***ed me out of the guy i tried to pick and I got blocked by Tom stopping the draft .ONE GUY WON'T MAKE OR BREAK MY TEAM I'LL WIN THIS LEAGUE ANYWAY . Can't wait to crush his team when we play already looked at the date . Be ready bitch your day is coming . :twisted:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Mark, nothing improper was done. The person had a technical issue and I responded. I'm sorry that you're upset but everything was done in accordance with our rules. I don't want to speak for Greg but as I said before I don't believe refusing to allow rollbacks in online drafts is the proper way to go. There are simply far too many potential issues that can arise drafting online that can never occur while drafting live. I think we need to have a rule in place which accounts for those potential issues and I believe the rule we have in place is both proper and fair.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Rog

Post by Rog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

in my oc tonight I had the first pick,I was searching for a wr and a qb at rounds 5 and 6.I had my wr clicked on but not put in the queue. With 17 secs left I clicked the rec.(not in my queue)but the 1 I selected then froze up, put me on auto and selected a te for me. i hit help instantly and told asked the next player to wait before making his pick. which he did for as long as he could.(i thank you ,)but it was going to be my guy qb eli. So I now could not take my qb .This was a 1 time issue that i had no control over. So who got screwed here ?

mikenj46

Post by mikenj46 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 pm

It seems like the hang up some people are having here is the idea of someone "changing" their pick. Maybe one solution would be that if someone's pick times out the pick is skipped without picking a player. Similar to the NFL draft in real life. If a pick times out the next team on the clock can try and get their pick in before it's corrected. Here it would be before the help button is pressed and addressed. This way when Tom/Greg roll back to the missing pick it isn't a pick being changed, it's simply a pick being made based on who's left in the player pool.

This way it really changes nothing at all....if I was up next and it's rolled back and he takes my guy he hasn't changed his pick. That would have been his pick originally anyway. You could still have the auto-draft feature for anyone who wants to intentionally draft that way.

I have no problems with the current rules at all, but this might be a way to solve the issue of someone getting a "do-over".

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Mark, nothing improper was done. The person had a technical issue and I responded. I'm sorry that you're upset but everything was done in accordance with our rules. I don't want to speak for Greg but as I said before I don't believe refusing to allow rollbacks in online drafts is the proper way to go. There are simply far too many potential issues that can arise drafting online that can never occur while drafting live. I think we need to have a rule in place which accounts for those potential issues and I believe the rule we have in place is both proper and fair.
Tom thanks for making this clear . I still don't like it but there is a RULE so lets move on . Like i said earlier i'll win anyway Gresham would only be a backup for gronkowski on my team .