12T Online Champ team - thoughts?

cass

Re: 12T Online Champ team - thoughts?

Post by cass » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 am

Cali that is a nice team on paper though Jennings, Lloyd, L.Moore, S.Holmes, S.Smith-STL, J.Gordon to me is a weakness. I guess it depends on ur eval - an aging jennings, overrated llyod and the 3rd spot week to week will be a guess so i wouldn't be happy at all there. I would not have drafted any of your wrs...

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 am

Lloyd is overrated? Guess you didn't watch the game yesterday, was a stupid backpedal away from a 47-yard TD in the 1st Q and he still had 5 for 69 in a game when Brady only threw for 236 -- Lloyd is going to be in the early 3rd round WR mix next year a la the AJ Green-types were this year.

cass

Post by cass » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 am

So ur upside with lloyd has him as an early 3rd rd pick next year...and his rd adp this year was what late 4th? I think he'll have some nice games....and some where he is non existent...just too many mouths to feed.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 am

cass wrote:So ur upside with lloyd has him as an early 3rd rd pick next year...and his rd adp this year was what late 4th? I think he'll have some nice games....and some where he is non existent...just too many mouths to feed.
Yeah, I think he has 3rd round upside and got him with a mid-5th in most drafts -- that's not what I'm commenting on, just saying he's not "overrated". Even if you don't like him, he's going to be in that 5th round WR -- all of those guys fall into your "nice game/non-existent" game range.

Lloyd has been good the last 2 years on the Rams and Denver with Kyle Orton for god's sake, why does no one like him with Tom Brady??? Other options aren't necessarily a bad thing, they draw coverage away -- there's plenty of balls to go around in New England.

Welker is the one that's being phased out of the offense, Gronk & Hernandez catch all the short balls now, someone has to be there deep, it's going to be Lloyd, not Welker.

cass

Post by cass » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am

Well see how much welker is phased out...week 1 is always knee jerk reaction time and thats' coming from someone who stayed away from welker in all drafts so i'm not a fan. Just other guys i covet way more than Lloyd where he went - ala Maclin, austin, decker....but who knows...