Digging A Hole

Coach JP

Digging A Hole

Post by Coach JP » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 am

Remarkably, all three of my NFFC teams have a good chance of losing week 1 in open pool play. Still early, though.

Makes me wonder what bad starts people have had to come back and win their leagues in the past. Anyone have a good one? Curious how many losses typically would eliminate you from your league in a 13 week season.

CALI CARTEL

Re: Digging A Hole

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 am

Not much comeback stories from NFFC to give you, but have made the playoffs (and won) a league after I started 1-3 in a 13 week season (went 8-1 from week 5-13 to finish at 9-4).

This is only 1 week, you could just as easily have a monster week next week to get your right back on track points-wise and back to .500 in record.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 am

That's a good story, Cartel. Thanks for that.

I know it's still very, very early. Just looking for a little blue sky on this Monday in which 5 of my 7 teams in all my leagues are taking L's :D Worried the NFFC format might be a little harder to dig out of, though.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:38 am

Coach JP wrote:That's a good story, Cartel. Thanks for that.

I know it's still very, very early. Just looking for a little blue sky on this Monday in which 5 of my 7 teams in all my leagues are taking L's :D Worried the NFFC format might be a little harder to dig out of, though.
Points are way more important than win loss.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 am

Coach JP wrote:That's a good story, Cartel. Thanks for that.

If anything, the NFFC format is easier to make a comeback since you have 2 roads to do it. If you get out a bad points start, you can get a couple lucky H2H wins and still make a run at best record. If you get out to a bad record start with some bad luck (like losing both All Play weeks with 7th place finishes like I did on one team last year), you can still make the playoffs with the Points qualifier spot or wild card.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:20 am

That's right, forgot first place was the only spot that mattered for W/L. Feeling better already.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

The Packers, Giants, and Saints all lost home openers this week. Don't panic just yet... ;)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

I got a not so good one
finished 9-4 in third place with record ,two teams finished 10-3(which I beat both head to head) ahead of me
I finished 24 pts out of 2nd place for total points
lost in all play with a 115 score and in week 6 my entire team laid an egg and scored 67.9 pts.
couldn't really blame the bye week as i just checked and foster/bryant/cruz/jennings/finley/thomas were all in my lineup
I spent the season saying what if
(for the record both teams ahead of me deserved the playoffs)

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:10 pm

It would be interesting to see over the last few years of the NFFC how many league champs got to the playoffs as a result of:
a) won the regular season hd2hd
b) won the regular season total points
c) made the playoffs
d) won both regular season hd2hd and total points

Why do I think KJ knows the answer to this? ;)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"