Forte

SS

Forte

Post by SS » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Forte OUT of game with an ankle injury...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Shrink Attack

Re: Forte

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:48 pm

SS wrote:Forte OUT of game with an ankle injury...
Yep...he's my 2nd round pick in the Ultimate...let the good times roll...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:14 am

CBS is reporting that he suffered a high ankle sprain. Just what you want to hear for any skill position player. Could be something that keeps him out several weeks and lingers for many more after that.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:19 am

High ankle sprains are almost always four weeks minimum of missed time.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:28 am

I feel extremely lucky to have been able to handcuff him at the round 10-11 turn in my OC. I will see how "lucky" over the next 4-5 weeks.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:32 am

yes i got the back up bush plan to . if you watched the game last night bush don't seemed to catch many passes . but last night not many other bears did either . :lol:

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 am

With the RB situation what it is in todays NFL with with the time share and the big swing in the pass to run ratio I find myself drafting for opportunity vs talent more. In the past talent might have won out. I have SJax in most leagues where he has a terrible offensive line(getting worse by the day, if that is possible) just because he will get 50+ more carries than many other backs in much better offenses.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 am

Chi_Town_FEW wrote:With the RB situation what it is in todays NFL with with the time share and the big swing in the pass to run ratio I find myself drafting for opportunity vs talent more. In the past talent might have won out. I have SJax in most leagues where he has a terrible offensive line(getting worse by the day, if that is possible) just because he will get 50+ more carries than many other backs in much better offenses.
SJax is pretty damn talented but I agree. That's one of the reasons I was so high on Law Firm going into the season. Volume. Volume. Volume. That's huge at the RB position these days. I think Jonathan Stewart is one of the most talented RBs in the league but I'd rather have Law Firm because he should (barring injury) get more volume. It's also why the few RBs who have the mix of volume and talent are so valuable. There was a huge advantage to be gained in non-3RR leagues (shameless plug :D) if you drafted early in the first round this year. The ability to land Foster, Rice or McCoy was huge. Then if you were able to pair one of them with Adrian Peterson your team could end up being golden.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 am

I felt all along MBush was as good a pickup as Tate, Spiller, etc....I picked him up in as many leagues as I could, when he fell to me. Not so much hoping for the injury, just as a TD vulture, and hoping for more, for whatever reason.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 am

The 3RR helps so much in evening out the field. Had the 12 pick and was able to take Julio with the 2.1 pick instead of a RB. Got SJax with 3.1 instead of looking at a WR 1 with 12-14 already off the board at that spot. Thanks!

PS- I hope you did not listen to Bloom and start Cutler.
Last edited by Chi_Town_FEW on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.