Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

particra

Re: Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Post by particra » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

You do realize that the year before that they gave up 26.7 points a game (29th in the league) and only twice held a team to less than 24 points which gave them plenty of garbage yards and points. They now have a top 5 defense.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Yes, I do. Let's check back after a few good opponents? Or should we just declare me an utter FF failure right now because they haven't needed to throw yet? :roll:

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Yes, I do. Let's check back after a few good opponents? Or should we just declare me an utter FF failure right now because they haven't needed to throw yet? :roll:

I think those are two separate issues.....

Wayne

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with sandman on this topic.

I also agree that right now, although that can change as quickly as next game, the Titans offense is an utter and complete TRAIN WRECK and all of the skill players, most notably Chris Johnson of course, are suffering GREATLY because of it. As with about 90% of everything related to the offensive side of the football one need not look any further than the OL.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm

I don't understand the issue with Andre Johnson. Didn't he just have a great game week 1? I think that it is the strong running game that is actually going to lead to more big games for him. It's way too early to really predict much in this crazy game we all love. I know one thing, I'm comfortable playing AJ each and every week.
Go Big Red!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 am

Coltsfan wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:Yes, I do. Let's check back after a few good opponents? Or should we just declare me an utter FF failure right now because they haven't needed to throw yet? :roll:

I think those are two separate issues.....

Wayne
Touché Wayne! :oops:

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 am

The Franchise wrote:I have some random thoughts:

1. I SUCK at FF!

2. Rodgers & Brady in 1st Rd. Nice strong safe pick, right? Ha ha joke is on us! You know things are bad when your just hoping they throw for 1 TD :lol:

3. Hernandez and Gates owners, hey injuries are part of the game. We just need to take the bagel and move on I guess :roll:

4. Does anyone know WTF is going on in KC and Carolina?!? It's quite obvious that Tolbert is a superior athlete compared to D-Will, :roll: but last I checked Charles looks fast and can catch the ball. Why not use him?

5. B.Marshall, A.Johnson, L.Fitzgerald.............. My anger has turned into sadness :cry:

6. Is it possible for a team to have Eli and Bush and not score over 100 pts this week? :o

7. Blackmon and Meachem have great measurables.................. That's all I have, next

8. DMC and CJ2k............see above
I'd feel sorry for you Nelson...If you weren't in all three of my Leagues! ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 am

CoMoHusker wrote:I don't understand the issue with Andre Johnson. Didn't he just have a great game week 1? I think that it is the strong running game that is actually going to lead to more big games for him. It's way too early to really predict much in this crazy game we all love. I know one thing, I'm comfortable playing AJ each and every week.
I would be too if I owned him. Andre, Fitz and Julio Jones all stunk it up in Week 2. It sucks but are you honestly going to sit any of those guys? You'd have to have insane WR depth or be insane to sit them. Bad weeks happen. Like I said, it sucks but you move on because if great players are healthy they're going to deliver more often than not as the season goes along.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 am

If week two shows us anything it is that NFL football is amazingly volatile. I remember in the past I would panic or be ultra excited rather quickly by fantasy football results early in the season. Now I realize so many things are going to happen, good and bad, for many weeks that it is sensible to temper expectations good or bad.

After week one...

-The Jets, Cowboys, Ravens looked incredible
-The bills, Eagles, Panthers looked dead
-Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Kevin Smith, D Mcfadd, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, Lance Moore, Ogletree all looked incredible and were dead a week later.
-Vick, Eli Manning, Rivers, Luck, Cam Newtwon all looked very pedestrian and exploded or were very good in week 2

Speaking of Ogletree, I wonder if the owners who took him as early as in the 5th or 6th round wish they could have that roster spot back or think the week 1 points were worth it for the next 10 weeks.

the point being it changes in the NFL and it changes fast... Each weeks production can be connected to game planning, the break of the game, the bounce of the ball, weather, etc. We try to get the guys in the best situations and make the best decisions based on match ups and scouting. All I am saying is a player who LOOKS unstoppable now may be unproductive in 2 weeks and a guy who looks dead now (Welker) may be killing it in 2 weeks.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 am

This Cowboys fan should play fantasy football, then he might really get wound up ... any Dez owner will like his comments around 1:30 in. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g