NFFC 2013: HEAD to HEAD should be DEAD

KenGill

Re: NFFC 2013: HEAD to HEAD should be DEAD

Post by KenGill » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Fantasy Jungle and WCOFF most certainly were thieves as they made no attempt to communicate the situation or do anything with any type of thoughts to their customers. Plus they were terribly mismanaged along with it. They should have at least tried to pay everyone who was owed "something" rather than paying some, not paying most, and then weaseling out of sight forever. The people running those two places ought to be in jail.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Well actually I do know, they were thieves. One of us in this thread hired a lawyer, filed a lawsuit against them, hired a PI to find them after the chief of police couldn't, found out that his other TWO businesses were also SCAMS, that the buildings were abandoned and nothing was left. Chief of police couldn't find him, neither could the PI... that sound like bankruptcy? He also had a false identity that he used also (shouldn't use your same social security number!). Would you like my lawyers number or the PI to confirm what I'm saying is true?

If you really want me to I can dig through my boxes in the basement of fantasy football from those years and see if I wrote down the number of teams in their events even though I'm 100% sure they rose each year. I did as many teams as anyone the last year, I think I would know rather than someone who wasn't even in the event the last year. I don't just spew BS

SS

Post by SS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Personally, I like the head to head better, especially if you are familiar with the people in your league. It brings more of a personal feel to the game.

Maybe there is room for an "All Play" game, not Draft Masters, but All Play style? It would be interesting to see who signs up for more teams, i.e. all play or head to head...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 pm

I think Head to Head should be MUCH more interesting. Here's my idea. Each Main Event entry will get you an NFFC Main Event Bracelet. Once you lock on your bracelet, it's on until the season ends. At the end of each week, the loser's bracelet ZAPS them with 100 Volts for 5 seconds. No amperage, so it won't kill you. Just 100 Volts for 5 seconds. It will give everyone a reason to watch every second, and will make Head to Head THAT much more important to WIN. :lol:

P.S. I am an electrician, and can help with the bracelets. :geek:
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 pm

King of Queens wrote:Main Events have to remain mainstream. Just like kickers that outscore QBs when both excel, H2H is here to stay.

For now anyways.

H2H is great! Get to play you 50x a year :roll:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Well actually I do know, they were thieves. One of us in this thread hired a lawyer, filed a lawsuit against them, hired a PI to find them after the chief of police couldn't, found out that his other TWO businesses were also SCAMS, that the buildings were abandoned and nothing was left. Chief of police couldn't find him, neither could the PI... that sound like bankruptcy? He also had a false identity that he used also (shouldn't use your same social security number!). Would you like my lawyers number or the PI to confirm what I'm saying is true?

If you really want me to I can dig through my boxes in the basement of fantasy football from those years and see if I wrote down the number of teams in their events even though I'm 100% sure they rose each year. I did as many teams as anyone the last year, I think I would know rather than someone who wasn't even in the event the last year. I don't just spew BS
No need to get all riled there buddy, I posted what I experienced - obviously I didn't have police, PI's and attorney's tracking them down to find out exactly why they folded. They did flounder and die, but I see there was a much bigger story - none of which matters much to the topic at hand.

As an aside,I had a similar experience in Chicago many years ago when I was in college ... money got tight, so I decided to sub-lease a car that I owned to what looked like a legit business. Shortly after, when things started to look fishy I started harassing them over the phone for answers, then contacted an attorney. After a few days of getting the run around I told them I was coming to discuss it in person, drove to their offices and found them abandoned. (The DA later said they had done the same in several other states, but abandoned locations before they could be prosecuted). Problem was, I still had a loan against my truck which wasn't in my possession since the scammers had "leased" it to some a*hle in a shitty neighborhood. The bank which held my loan hired repo guys, but they were too scared to go into the neighborhood and confront the owner who had a felony record. So I went there at about 3am, walked up the driveway and repo'd my own car, leaving some nice tire tracks in his front lawn. The bank then erased months of late payments from my credit report and waived all the late fees. I felt better after that. The legal system, unfortunately, doesn't work too well with scammers/con-men. Frank, are you available to help? :mrgreen:

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 am

BLACKHAND wrote:we all have a passion for the game we play. no matter if you are doing great or poor there needs to be a ' fun factor " involved. to me the first two weeks of a 12 team league playing all play is not as fun. its a survive and advance thing. now to lose by .2 of a pt to a buddy of mine last year whose name i wont mention ( married to the queen and near brooklyn ) was real freaking fun.......maybe head to head should go. :lol:
He has a way of doing that, Frank. I've NEVER won a H2H match-up with the King...just ask him!

I'll have two chances this year, and maybe in the playoffs too!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I understand this topic has been debated for a long time. I think we all can agree that an "all play" or weekly beat half the field format is the "fairest" format and is the best to identify which teams are truly the best and most deserving of rewards/prizes.

However, for many people, that isn't the most FUN format. It doesn't mean you prefer luck based gaming if you personally enjoy the H2H experience. I have been frustrated as much as anyone with losing a Classic or Primetime game with a 165+ score. I am even more irritated when teams quit and owners lucky enough to catch those quitter teams get free wins later in the season. This severely hurts the integrity of the game (I believe some things can be done to improve on this). Even with all of this I still enjoy the purity of a H2H fantasy game. I enjoy monitoring and rooting against the players I am going against that specific week.

While the all play and beat half the league formats identify the truly best teams better, they are also "set your lineups and ignore the games until later when you just check the results" type of formats. I think for the larger, mainstream events, that can grow stale.

Maybe peripheral leagues can use these all play formats similar to auction (my personal fav) or DC leagues.

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:35 pm

The fairest way is for every team to play every other team every week and everyone play 11 or 13 H2H games a week. This way when some guy tanks it everyone gets to play him.

This is similar to top 6 and bottom 6 win/loss but even better as there is more chance to make up ground later in the year so if you are 20 games back you can win 11 or 13 games in 1 week.

Also every Monday night will matter to you because you will likely never have everyone beat going into Monday night there will always be 3-4 games hanging in the balance most weeks in the 4th quarter of Monday night.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 pm

I enjoy H2H, I hope it always has a place in these contests. Either way, this debate has been started and defeated year after year. Shouldn't we be saving our energy for other debate classics like whether contests should make moves for deadbeat owners or whether the WCOFF can handle their overlays because they have big sponsors or whether the earth is flat?