Gronk..blocking TE

BigBlueNation

Gronk..blocking TE

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:24 am

I didn't see much of last nights game, but when I did sneak a peek, Gronk was doing a lot of blocking instead of being a target...Was that the scheme because of the Balt. LB/Safety crew?
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

CoMoHusker

Re: Gronk..blocking TE

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 am

BigBlueNation wrote:I didn't see much of last nights game, but when I did sneak a peek, Gronk was doing a lot of blocking instead of being a target...Was that the scheme because of the Balt. LB/Safety crew?
I hope that's the explanation. The Pat's O-Line hasn't looked that great so far this year so it probably was needed against the extra pressure that the Ravens like to bring. Still, one could argue that it would be hard to keep bringing that pressure if one of those LB's or safeties had to account for covering Gronk in the passing game.
Go Big Red!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 am

The 2012 Patriots are a completely different team than what we've been used to seeing. My way of looking at it was that the Pats were ONE game away these past few seasons...They were missing something...So a slight change was necessary. But what I see is a team without an identity, and a team NOT so dominant as it has been because of that. Are they a running team? Are they a passing team? Wait, they like to throw to their TE's more...But maybe they will work Edelman as their star all around guy...They are not to be figured out, because I believe the coach hasn't figured it out. I know Pats fans on the boards here are going to take offense to this, but this Pats team is not a contender and it's core players are not being relied on they way they should be. Sometimes I swear it's more important to Bellicheck to prove that his decisions are right, than just winning the game.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

particra

Post by particra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am

Brent Celek didn't have a problem catching 28 balls for 300 yards last week against the Ravens.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Offensive line is a lot different this year, so they need more protection. Gronk still has two touchdowns so it's not like its time to panic. Tough, physical game.