Cry me a river Aaron Rodgers

TR

Cry me a river Aaron Rodgers

Post by TR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:31 pm

I just saw Aaron Rodgers disengenuous apology to the fans and found it quite comical. Fact of the matter is if shoe was on the other foot (as it usually is for the packers with the regular refs) we wouldn't have heard a peep out of him complaining about the refs, integrity, and all his other BS. I can go back to just last year in that last game of season with Lions at Lambeau...the REGULAR ref was right there when Titus Young caught a TD, saw both feet in, yet called him out. In the end that cost Lions the game, since the margin was less than 7 pts...as well as cost Lions home playoff game. I didn't hear Rodgers saying anything about the integrity of the game then, perhaps because HIS team was the one that benefitted eh? So yeah, Rodgers should STFU as he really looks like a HOMERCRITE.
Last edited by TR on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TR

Re: Cry me a river Aaron Rodgers

Post by TR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Came across a post on another forum that I highly agree with...

The regular refs are biased towards certain players or teams. While I don't think it is something that is being ordered by the NFL, the NFL has definitely profitted off it's super players and super teams.

Now come in a new set of officials. They have no biases that have developed over years of working for the NFL. They call it like they see it. They make mistakes, but their mistakes seem to be not favoring one team over another.

The result....Good teams aren't as good as they aren't getting beneficial referee treatment.

This is very true and I have seen it go on for years with the REGULAR REFS...with Packers being 1 of the teams on the beneficial end more often than not. I remember Packers extending their Lambeau win streak over the Lions with 1 of the most absurd calls ever that even had Brett Favre befuddled...but of course he didn't complain

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=2 ... 09&prov=ap

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Samkon Gado’s first passing attempt was ugly.

Other than that, Green Bay’s rookie running back played a starring role Sunday night in the Packers’ 16-13 overtime victory over the Detroit Lions.

Gado rushed for 171 yards and a touchdown, allowing Brett Favre to play the steady, more conservative game he had been promising for weeks but hadn’t yet delivered.

“I think he’s making the most of his opportunity,” Favre said. “He just had an outstanding game.”

But when Gado flipped the ball out of the end zone in the fourth quarter, he nearly threw the game away with it.

The Lions wrapped up Gado in his own end zone with 6:59 remaining in regulation, prompting Gado to try to toss the ball forward. He was flagged for intentional grounding, resulting in an apparent safety that would have put the Lions ahead by two.

But officials huddled and ruled that Gado had attempted a legal pass, giving the Packers another chance.

“That was confusing, to be honest with you,” Favre said. “But he’s a bright guy with a lot of talent.”

And if Gado hadn’t flipped the ball away, he almost surely would have been caught for a safety. “I honestly can’t fault him for that,” Favre said.

Lions linebacker Earl Holmes didn’t agree with the officials’ call. Even if Gado’s flip was a legal pass, Holmes said the holding penalty officials also called on the Packers on that play occurred in the end zone and should have been an automatic safety.

“There’s no other way to tell me that that was not a safety,” Holmes said. “You can’t explain it.”

boli34

Post by boli34 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:00 am

I said that I was tired of the packers players being unprofessional and crying on another forum and got roasted by everyone saying oh you're just a raiders fan etc etc. It's annoying as hell but with that said no one cries when my raiders get robbed year after year with the regular refs. We usually lose one game a year due to a suspect call by the regular refs and are ALWAYS the highest penalized teams in the league. Guess where the raiders are this season....bottom 3! Coincidence? I think not!! I'm also a big NBA fan and I hate the "superstar" calls and my team has one of the biggest superstars in the league. Like I said I like the non biased approach that is being taken even though there are other areas where they lack but I'll take the tradeoff. Also got ripped for the game being about player safety and I should be on packers fans side about the refs because of the hit on Heyward-Bey. My response was does throwing a flag after the play prevent him from getting hit and have to be taken out on a stretcher...no it doesn't. It's football and those are the risks you take by playing the game. I'm glad DHB is ok but real refs or replacements still doesn't change the fact he would of got knocked out either way.

Big Cheese

Post by Big Cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 am

Bless his heart.

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 am

I will say that the ONLY good thing to come out of Monday night's debacle was that a crucial call came AGAINST the Pack as they have clearly been the ridiculous darlings in the referees eyes resulting in many a beneficiary call for them over the past few years especially in big (playoff) games as well as games played against the Giants.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 am

Guess I'm in the minority :) but I liked it. He did what the league refuses to do - apologize to the fans for putting forth a product that isn't worthy of the NFL brand or worthy of the money people invest in the league as fans. I want to see more top players follow Rodgers' lead and bash the league for their arrogance and stupidity that has now resulted in a tainted outcome and potentially tainted season.

Sure I'm biased as a Packers' fan but I still think what Rodgers said was spot on and more top players need to do the same. The longer this is allowed to go on the more the season becomes at risk. We no longer can trust that the correct outcomes will be decided on the field. And the league refuses to do anything about it. I consider that a huge problem and I'm thankful Rodgers (and Drew Brees earlier in the week) have stepped forward and called it out for being what it is - a joke.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 am

I'm a Bears fan. The Pack got ripped off Monday night/Tuesday morning and it should be said! As for getting the benefit on calls? I don't see that with the Packers. They are generally a pretty disciplined group and don't get the stupid 15 yarders like a whole lot of other teams seem to (deservedly so).
I can't stand a guy who can't speak the truth. It was the truth! They got jobbed. On the last play of the game. I hear people say one call doesn't change the outcome. In this case it actually did!!!
Pat Sorge

jwitzsc

Post by jwitzsc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:00 pm

But like the previous poster said, "Where is he when the shoe is on the other foot." I dont mind him speaking out, but let's be fair, he is only speaking out because his team got jobbed.

Now Marshawn Lynch should be commended for his statements.