Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Sabretooth wrote:I vote for having a FAAB on wednesday for the thursday night games only and another on fri or saturday for the rest of the teams. It doesn't matter to me if it is changed this year or we wait until next year. Going forward I think this is the best option.
There definitely won't be any changes to FAAB this season everyone. That's for sure.

We will definitely survey the group again before season's end and get feedback on FAAB before making a decision on 2013. Again, some folks now seem to want a change to the Wednesday full FAAB, but others seem to like it. Let's get a full read on things when we do the survey near season's end and make a group decision like we did last February.

Folks, don't get too uptight with my responses. I enjoy the type of conversation we can have about a rule or needed change and constructively come up with better answers. We've always done that. But personally, it doesn't do me any good or the NFFC any good if the first response comes across as wanting to cut participation because of a certain rule, even if that means cutting the number of leagues you do with someone else rather than the NFFC. The better solution is to analyze the part of the game that may need tweaking, discuss it thoroughly and find a solution. We've always done that here. We've always listened to your gripes (don't take that the wrong way), found solutions and tried to make the game better. The best way to do that is to solve the problem.

Paul, I can promise you that you'll never see me posting my political views, alien sightings, weight loss or gain pictures or anything else like that. But some folks like to play in the Sandbox. Tom and I never were very good at that and I assume you never were either. :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm

But personally, it doesn't do me any good or the NFFC any good if the first response comes across as wanting to cut participation because of a certain rule, even if that means cutting the number of leagues you do with someone else rather than the NFFC.

Greg,

I already said that's not how I meant it but if you want to keep going there then fine.....

I'm starting to feel like I might prefer some alien talk.

Wayne

Money

Post by Money » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:06 pm

I think the deadline should be sometime during the middle of the night or very early Thursday morning. West Coast players have until 7 PM to get their bids in. If you work until 5 and get home at 6 you have an hour to digest the first official injury news that is reported. The East coast players have until 10 PM, simply not fair. Extend the deadline so the West Coast players have an adequate amount of time Wednesday evening. I realize many want to know the results right away, but the way it's structured now is without question an East Coast advantage.
Joe

Hooligans

Post by Hooligans » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:56 am

The new waiver system is perfect. It allows pickups before the Thursday game, and the second one allows any last minute needs due to injury reports. I believe it reflects a more realistic approach to how NFL teams react to injury situations. Anyway, I do like th enew system and think it had to occur once the NFL made Thursday night games a weekly occurence.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 am

Coltsfan wrote: I'm starting to feel like I might prefer some alien talk.

Wayne
Oh yeah.

Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 am

Perfect Tom! :mrgreen:

Wayne

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:19 am

I asked this question already but never got an answer... and I assume there is an obvious answer.

Why don't we fun the second FAAB on saturday instead of Friday? I would think the closer we run it to the Sunday kickoffs the more likely owners can be protected from something unforeseen. To me, the Weds faab is the primary weekly lottery and the second faab is the emergency pick up process.

Just curious as to what the answer would be.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 pm

I have no problems with the way it is handled now and I have 20 teams to manage. Most of the time in the past years I would start loading waiver moves by Tuesday anyway and could hardly wait till Friday to see who I got or missed. This seems much better and still gives me a chance to grab a player to fill a need on Friday.

That said, and as an east coast guy, I would have no problems with the NFFC running the waivers later on Weds, even after midnight. I would also have no problems with the second set running later on Friday night or even Saturday mid-morning.

The system is much better than it has been in the past. From my point of view I say "well done".

Pete

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:I have no problems with the way it is handled now and I have 20 teams to manage. Most of the time in the past years I would start loading waiver moves by Tuesday anyway and could hardly wait till Friday to see who I got or missed. This seems much better and still gives me a chance to grab a player to fill a need on Friday.

That said, and as an east coast guy, I would have no problems with the NFFC running the waivers later on Weds, even after midnight. I would also have no problems with the second set running later on Friday night or even Saturday mid-morning.

The system is much better than it has been in the past. From my point of view I say "well done".

Pete

I agree with what Pete said

It's also nice having my Friday's freed up since all the heavy lifting is done on Wednesday
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Jack_Bauer wrote:I asked this question already but never got an answer... and I assume there is an obvious answer.

Why don't we fun the second FAAB on saturday instead of Friday? I would think the closer we run it to the Sunday kickoffs the more likely owners can be protected from something unforeseen. To me, the Weds faab is the primary weekly lottery and the second faab is the emergency pick up process.

Just curious as to what the answer would be.
It's a worthy question. I think for the most part we felt that full practices were in by Friday and running FAAB late that night would give everyone the full weekend to set their starting lineups with the new players they picked up. Several owners do attend home games on Sunday, so getting FAAB completed in time allowed everyone to not miss a beat on the weekend.

That being said, we run baseball FAAB on Sunday night and everyone has plenty of time to get lineups set for Monday's first games. It's possible that we could run FAAB on Saturday if that's what folks wanted. I guess we could include this in our surveys going forward. I just think with little news coming out on Saturday that we'd probably run them on Saturday morning or early afternoon rather than Saturday night. But again, it's something we can discuss and ask for your input on.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius