scoutPRO's Nelson Sousa To Help With Lineup Decisions

DonnyG.

Re: scoutPRO's Nelson Sousa To Help With Lineup Decisions

Post by DonnyG. » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:27 am

Can't assist you in terms of answering your question but if your intentions are indeed noble I honestly don't think that you need other's confirmation that your heart is in the right place and that you're doing the right thing. Simply imho.

On another note, I can absolutely commiserate in your misery as this has thus far been the absolute worst 4 week start for my ff teams since I can *)^#()&23_@$&_%+@ remember! :evil: :evil:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am

The Franchise wrote:Just curious guys. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Do you feel this has been helpful or am I doing more harm than good to your lineup calls?

I have received a couple of emails/phone calls from NFFC players who have expressed (let's call it) concern that because I'm also a player in the contest with a lot of teams that I might not be giving the most honest/best advice.

I definitely understand why people would be concerned and don't blame them. The only thing I can say is that anyone who knows me, knows I enjoy helping others and pride myself on making the right call. Being a player and also giving advise I guess puts me in a no win situation. I can still help the average Joe out there win their local league, but I can understand where the High Stakes player is coming from when they are competing directly against me.

I have always looked at life this way. When I'm gone how will people remember me by. While I'm here do I make a positive impact in someone's life. This is why it's disappointing and not enjoyable for me that my integrity is called into question because it was not what I had set out to do when I decided to join ScoutPRO. Sorry to get all deep about this after all we are just talking about Fantasy Football, but I approach everything I do no matter how big or how little with the goal of making an impact rather than stand on the sideline and be just another guy. At the end of the day I probably need to choose one or the other when it comes to this great hobby. Kind of ironic that this thread was started with me giving advice to others, but it looks like I'm the one who needs advise....... :)

Thanks for listening guys ;)
Nelson, I think it's good for everyone to get feedback on players from ALL NFFC players within this thread. While you are giving your opinion, others can certainly chime in and give their thoughts on any of the players you are mentioning. In fact, I've had emails from folks who wanted to know if they could jump in and give their thoughts on the players you are talking about. YES!! The more opinions the better. At the end of the day, it's every NFFC owners' job to make the right lineup call, but let's get as many opinions as we can beforehand.

Keep up the good work and let the opinions roll on the NFFC boards.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

E2A

Post by E2A » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:55 am

Don't get down on yourself Nelson. I know Nelson personally and consider him a great friend. I can say without a doubt Nelson's intentions are good. I think he actually likes to be right on calls he makes for other people's teams because it gives him a sense of pride that he was able to help someone else. Keep up the good work and keep doing what you enjoy. Maybe the people that are calling you out are actually the ones that have it in their hearts to harm others, and they think everyone else is like them. Just Saying!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 am

With the title of this thread, it did seem like it was meant just for Nelson to respond. Personally, I always liked getting mass input. I also tried to help others to the best of my ability.

If you really want mass input and the lively discussions/debates we've had over the years in the WDIS threads Greg, I suggest you change the title. Nelson can obviously still answer as many as he wishes, and maybe instead of his name/company being in the thread title, he just includes it in his signature? :idea:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 am

Mike, this thread is for Nelson to answer WDIS questions as part of our partnership with ScoutPro. If others have similar questions/answers they'd like to post here by all means please do so. The more discussion the merrier. :) But this thread is for those specifically asking Nelson for his advice.

As far as anyone thinking Nelson would intentionally provide misinformation I'm surprised that's even being brought up. Nelson is not only a respected member of the high-stakes community but he's working in the industry as well. That would be similar to John Hansen coming here and intentionally providing wrong information because he's in our Online Championship or David Dodds going on the FFPC boards and providing wrong info there because he's competing in their Main Event. Nobody would ever think they'd do that nor should anyone believe Nelson is doing that here. Nelson is providing a service here and one we're grateful to receive.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Whoever sent these emails or messages need to have their head examined. It is as simple as that.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Whoever sent these emails or messages need to have their head examined. It is as simple as that.
Chad..are you requesting me to provide consultations? :)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:00 am

Shrink Attack wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Whoever sent these emails or messages need to have their head examined. It is as simple as that.
Chad..are you requesting me to provide consultations? :)

You would seem to be a well qualified candidate:)