Thursday night game discussion

Coach JP

Re: Thursday night game discussion

Post by Coach JP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm

That DA injury kills my team. Hopefully I can get Aaron Hernandez back soon, but glad I had the Rams defense in there to make up for Amendola's 5.5 points.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 pm

BillyWaz wrote:Ryan Williams is just yet another VT running back with hype who SUCKS!

Put in Powell....at least he has a little wiggle and more importantly can catch.

I think we definitely have a different opinion when observing R.Williams. Powell has wiggle, but Williams doesn't? I actually think Williams is a very good cut back runner who can catch the ball. Would help if the O-line didn't get man-handled every week. Easy to look bad when there is a DE/DT in the backfield every play. I obviously have a an interest in Williams to do well, but it still doesn't change my opinion that he is in fact a talented RB.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:27 pm

mattjb wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:Ryan Williams is just yet another VT running back with hype who SUCKS!

Put in Powell....at least he has a little wiggle and more importantly can catch.
That's actually been some decent blocking for Williams and some holes. Some hard one cut running would have produced some decent yardage. He runs like he's returning kicks. Badly.

Decent blocking? For Arizona? On punt returns, yes. Not sure I would call what the O-line did tonight as anything decent. :lol:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 am

The Franchise wrote:

I think we definitely have a different opinion when observing R.Williams. Powell has wiggle, but Williams doesn't? I actually think Williams is a very good cut back runner who can catch the ball. Would help if the O-line didn't get man-handled every week. Easy to look bad when there is a DE/DT in the backfield every play. I obviously have a an interest in Williams to do well, but it still doesn't change my opinion that he is in fact a talented RB.
Yes, I think our opinions do differ.

I agree that a lot of issues are because of the line, but being from VA and hearing all the Virginia Tech fans talk about this RB and that RB, these guys rarely produce in the pros (for whatever reason).

It is probably more of a product of being an Arizona RB. Every year it is. "we are going to run the ball more" and every year it never happens.

As for Powell, I like his pass catching abilities MUCH more than Williams, but it doesn't look like he will amount to much either. :(

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 am

one word sums up how i feel about williams...DISGUSTED :evil:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:21 am

I'm with Nelson - I think Williams is very talented. But I Tweeted last night that in re-draft leagues it may be time to bail on him for this season. It's just not happening. We'll see how severe the shoulder injury is but outside of one good quarter Williams' production has been pathetic this season and I can't think of a good reason why anyone at this point should believe it's going to change.

By the way, the Cardinals' play-calling was putrid last night. The Rams are beating Kolb senseless and you only call one screen pass and one draw? Those are EXACTLY the type of plays you call to try and slow down a pass rush. You have two RBs who are both good receivers out of the backfield and you didn't make a meaningful attempt to utilize them. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths NFL head coaches often go to in order to make this game more difficult than it needs to be.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:39 am

The Franchise wrote:
mattjb wrote:

That's actually been some decent blocking for Williams and some holes. Some hard one cut running would have produced some decent yardage. He runs like he's returning kicks. Badly.

Decent blocking? For Arizona? On punt returns, yes. Not sure I would call what the O-line did tonight as anything decent. :lol:
First half the holes were there on 5 or 6 different running plays and he had happy feet side to side where if he'd been decisive there were good gains to be had.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 am

The Cardinals play the Bills next week. Buffalo's run defense is putrid.

Williams may pull me back in again if he's healthy. :evil:
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:The Cardinals play the Bills next week. Buffalo's run defense is putrid.

Looks like only a stinger. Might have to go to the well again and live through the pain of watching that O-line rack up sacks and Williams not rack up points :roll:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 am

The Franchise wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:The Cardinals play the Bills next week. Buffalo's run defense is putrid.

Looks like only a stinger. Might have to go to the well again and live through the pain of watching that O-line rack up sacks and Williams not rack up points :roll:
Ugh.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich