Missed the Boat?

mattjb

Re: Missed the Boat?

Post by mattjb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Add me to the Peyton Hillis club.

I was also all over Titus Young. Hopefully my patience is about to be rewarded.

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Where do I begin.
Main took A Hernandez in 3rd round and figured Fnley would have that great year. Fnley in my 12 teamer as well so I debate Paulsen or Fasano at TE
DHB in Oak in both prime and main
To me my biggest regret was jumping in 4th round in main who I thought would be a top 6-8 receiver T Smith
Marty

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:28 am

Hasn't panned out: Garcon/Mathews - Easily own these 2 the most of any player other than RG3

Missed the Boat: A.Peterson/T.Richardson/F.Gore/AJ.Green/T.Gonzalez
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:56 am

Two guys I thought would do well and busted were Ryan Williams and Jacquizz Rodgers. I bought into the hype on both. Bad calls.

I wish I had been more aggressive with Adrian Peterson. I got him in on league but viewing him as anything other than a first-round pick proved to be a big mistake.

I'm also a huge Ben Roethlisberger fan but wasn't as aggressive with him as I should've been even though I love his WRs and Miller at TE. For those who held off on QBs and grabbed Ben later well done.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:46 am

Frank Gore. Throught he was done. Thought wrong.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 am

KenGill wrote:Frank Gore. Throught he was done. Thought wrong.
Yeah I didn't see this coming either. He looked like he was in serious decline last season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

Agree on Gore. And the Jacobs signing and the James drafting, and maybe even the Manningham and Moss signings, just seemed to strengthen the case against him. Oops. :oops:

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hasn't panned out: Garcon/Mathews - Easily own these 2 the most of any player other than RG3

Missed the Boat: A.Peterson/T.Richardson/F.Gore/AJ.Green/T.Gonzalez

That would pretty much be my missed the boat list as well. I have TRich once and Gonzo once but pretty much ignored the other guys. Not good... :shock:

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I have AJ Green on my Terminator team, but pretty much ignored him everywhere else due to "someone better" always being available (B.Marshall, R.White, etc.....and they too have been good).

My biggest problem with AJ Green was I just don't get what defensive coordinators are thinking. Don't get me wrong, AJ Green is a SPECIAL TALENT, but if I am playing the Bengals, I would TRIPLE TEAM this guy on every play. On the other side, you have a carousel of WR's who couldn't start on many other teams, and a solid, but not spectacular TE in J.Gresham.

I just figured that teams would figure out to beat the Bengals, you stop #18.

I was wrong. :(

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I agree Billy.

AJ had 111 targets last year as comapered to 175 for Roddy. I assumed Roddy's would drop and Green's would go up but wow did I miss the boat. I wonder if he will keep his current pace without having a real receiving threat on the other side. I'm guessing he will but it just seems like they could double him up and shut him down. It's been working on Calvin and Fitz this year.

Wayne