Wild Cards

particra

Wild Cards

Post by particra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 pm

It's Top 15% for all of the leagues to make playoffs, correct? So..

Classic: Top 37.8th (I assume Top 38)
PrimeTime: Top 63
OC: Top 281

Please confirm. Thanks. After tonight, it's likely that NY PT 1 will have 5 of 12 teams in line to make the playoffs (if the season ended today of course). That seems like alot.

wiljiro

Re: Wild Cards

Post by wiljiro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 pm

The position on overall standing is not a hard and fast rule though - because in a few rare cases a team outside the top15% will win their league so that would open up a few spots to people below the "cut line" -

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

particra

Post by particra » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm

wiljiro wrote:The position on overall standing is not a hard and fast rule though - because in a few rare cases a team outside the top15% will win their league so that would open up a few spots to people below the "cut line" -

W
Maybe I don't understand your point, but I don't think that is correct. It's Top 15% period meaning anyone who isn't already in the playoffs from their league, but is in the Top 15% Overall, makes the playoffs. The cut line doesn't move.

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 pm

particra wrote:
wiljiro wrote:The position on overall standing is not a hard and fast rule though - because in a few rare cases a team outside the top15% will win their league so that would open up a few spots to people below the "cut line" -

W
Maybe I don't understand your point, but I don't think that is correct. It's Top 15% period meaning anyone who isn't already in the playoffs from their league, but is in the Top 15% Overall, makes the playoffs. The cut line doesn't move.
Brings up a good point - is it top 15% of teams REMAINING? Or Top 15% of overall teams? You might be right - I always learn exactly how it works around this time of year - then forget it by kick off the next season..... ;) Makes more sense your way -

Will
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 am

for the oc i had it at 280 .

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 am

The wild card percentage is based on the total number of teams in each event.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 am

wiljiro wrote:
particra wrote:

W
Brings up a good point - is it top 15% of teams REMAINING? Or Top 15% of overall teams? You might be right - I always learn exactly how it works around this time of year - then forget it by kick off the next season..... ;) Makes more sense your way -

Will
It's top 15% of overall teams including those who are already in. That way teams who finished very strong but were in a very tough league still get in. Wouldn't make sense to take 15% of remaining teams.