poor sports

Tom Kessenich

Re: poor sports

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Money wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:I heard back from the owner in question and while I will say I disagree with what he did I understand at least some of the reasoning behind his decision. He said he knew the rules that several of the players he dropped could be removed from the free-agent pool and it was not his intent to corrupt the league in any fashion. His team is 1-9 and he's frustrated and wants to try something different to try and get some enjoyment out of the remainder of the season. If it were me, I would've handled the situation much differently but I think all of us can relate to having a team with good/great players who aren't providing the anticipated results.

I told him I consider the matter closed.
Sounds like a BS smoke screen to me. If you're still trying the competitive nature in all us dictates putting out what you believe gives you the best chance at winning. This player has rationalized his ridiculous behavior and somehow you agree with it. That is certainly your right as it is mine to call it as I see it, a bunch of crap.
Joe, I said I disagree with what he did. I understand his frustrations, though, and my guess is anyone who has played this game for any length of time has encountered a similar situation with an underachieving team. That doesn't mean I would do what he did or encourage anyone to do something this drastic. I would not. However, this person is competing in several other leagues and has done nothing to raise suspicion in any of them. We also are not going to govern anyone in any of our leagues and tell any of you how you should run your teams. These are your teams and you're free to run them how you wish. However, it is written in our rules that we will remove players from the free-agent pool if we deem that necessary and that is what we have done.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Post by Money » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Fair enough Tom.
Joe

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I heard back from the owner in question and while I will say I disagree with what he did I understand at least some of the reasoning behind his decision. He said he knew the rules that several of the players he dropped could be removed from the free-agent pool and it was not his intent to corrupt the league in any fashion. His team is 1-9 and he's frustrated and wants to try something different to try and get some enjoyment out of the remainder of the season. If it were me, I would've handled the situation much differently but I think all of us can relate to having a team with good/great players who aren't providing the anticipated results.

I told him I consider the matter closed.
tom come on now. wants to try something different . are you kidding putting in ALMOST ALL JAX JAGUAR PLAYERS thats different alright . borders on one of the stupidest moves ever .this is a league i am in and anyone that plays this child the last three weeks gets a free win .this week i think brees or rogers could beat his team by themself .he has corrupted this league for sure .i would love to have heard his reasoning behind this besides just being a poor sport .i hope he does'nt raise his kids to be like him .

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm

again thanks for pulling the players out of the pool . but it still does'nt change the matter of the last 3 weeks . everyone getting free wins thanks to him .

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

this is his team .what do you think ? QB GABBERT / RB PARMELE / SNELLING / WR L ROBINSON / SPURLOCK /WALTER / TE M LEWIS / DEF JAX / K SCOBEE / SW A PETTIS . who would'nt want to play this sad ass team .

Marauders

Post by Marauders » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 pm

This is a situation where "All-Play" makes a lot of sense.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 pm

got heeem wrote:this is his team .what do you think ? QB GABBERT / RB PARMELE / SNELLING / WR L ROBINSON / SPURLOCK /WALTER / TE M LEWIS / DEF JAX / K SCOBEE / SW A PETTIS . who would'nt want to play this sad ass team .
I don't buy his excuse, and didn't really understand it anyway ... it will be fun for him to have a team full of useless players while all his good players get dropped? I don't get that Tom. Personally, I'd ban from any future NFFC contest.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Yeah, awful excuse. 'Trying something new' would involve using players who actually play. Snelling? Parmele? What a joke, and even worse the clown actually tries to lie.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:59 pm

I appreciate everyone's responses here but a couple of points I'd like to make:

1. This person has played with us in several leagues the last few years and at no time has anything even remotely suspicious occurred on his part. So we're not going to issue a ban on someone who has been to this point a good customer and someone who isn't causing issues of any kind in any other league he's in this year.

2. The three teams he plays in Weeks 11-13 are all currently out of the playoff hunt. Their records are 3-7, 1-9 and 4-6. So even if this person was intentionally tanking the results of his next three games are highly unlikely to impact the playoff teams in this league.

Let me state again I do not agree with what he has done. But I thought these were two important points that should not be lost in the discussion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Coach JP wrote:Yeah, awful excuse. 'Trying something new' would involve using players who actually play. Snelling? Parmele? What a joke, and even worse the clown actually tries to lie.
clowns are mostly funny this is not .this is a time when i'm glad to play in the nffc .tom steped up to the plate in this and thanks to him the players that he droped will not come into play .i had not checked into who the baby played the last 3 weeks. glad to hear his games don't matter .hard to understand with all the good players he HAD ON HIS TEAM that he only had 1 win .maybe he should go back to playing dolls or some other wuss game .i can't win this league but i would never purge my team .i get to play the top 2 teams the last 2 weeks and could have a inpact on who wins the best record .