DIAMOND LGE - Starting Inactive Player

kjduke

DIAMOND LGE - Starting Inactive Player

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Opponent of current H2H leader benches Bess this morning to start Antonio Brown, who was later declared inactive. Not only could this decide the H2H champ, but the GURU team that started Brown is currently 2nd in the points race. Horrible.

Maybe it is time to have some automatic fail-safes for players that are declared out or on a bye week to ensure league competitiveness. Hard to believe it happened in THIS league.

Sandman62

Re: DIAMOND LGE - Starting Inactive Player

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Maybe he realizes that he has no chance at H2H himself, but needs his opponent to win H2H so that he still has a shot at cashing by points? If so, then that's a valid strategy and within the rules. And there's no way any automatic lineup system should be able to prohibit that.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Maybe he realizes that he has no chance at H2H himself, but needs his opponent to win H2H so that he still has a shot at cashing by points? If so, then that's a valid strategy and within the rules. And there's no way any automatic lineup system should be able to prohibit that.
That's not the case. Only two teams could catch the H2H leader at this point and he leads all three of those teams in points. He's 2nd overall in points with 3 teams make the playoffs based on points, so by leaving points on the bench he's risking losing a playoff spot and risking winning the season pts total (he's close to first) which alone pays $10k.

There is zero chance this is either strategic or collusion given the circumstances. He hasn't logged in since 4.5 hours before kickoff, so he may not have been aware (though was certainly risking) that Brown would be inactive. But that doesn't change the fact that it could clinch the H2H title for his opponent.
Last edited by kjduke on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Ahhh.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:24 pm

He's the GURU, and you...are not

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm

King of Queens wrote:He's the GURU, and you...are not
Yep, typical Guru move.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:47 pm

GURU also starts Hillman, who was the announced backup this morning.

Bess 19.9 - benched
Hillman 0.9 - starts
Brown 0 - starts

Meanwhile, I get to play the last place team who already has scored 150 pts.

Sickening. If you can't field a team please don't play in the Diamond.

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:30 pm

I agree with Duke. There must be a way that players declared out or on bye cannot be put in the lineup. Even if there is that one in a 1000 situation where you WANT to lose, you can find ways to do it without starting players who are out or you can declare it to your league on the league site.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry KJ I'm that team...but I did beat the first place team last week just to give you a chance :D I'm still trying to win even though I've got nothing to play for, except that consolation prize in the playoffs ;)
Pat Sorge

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Ry's Guys wrote:Sorry KJ I'm that team...but I did beat the first place team last week just to give you a chance :D I'm still trying to win even though I've got nothing to play for, except that consolation prize in the playoffs ;)
You're playing it the right way Pat, I would expect nothing less. But if I get knocked out because of bush league play ... that won't feel the same way.