Want to confirm something about rules

Jack_Bauer

Want to confirm something about rules

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:23 pm

You can finish tied for first in record and cash for nothing correct? If you are tied for first and finish 4th in points, you get nothing. I just want to make sure I am reading it right.

HOF

Re: Want to confirm something about rules

Post by HOF » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 pm

from what i understand...if you tie in H2H the tiebreaker is who has the most pts between the teams tied.

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm

That is correct -

1st Place is H2H with tiebreaker being points-

2nd Place is most points

My second Prime Time team will win the points battle, and go into a three week playoff for 3K with a 6-7 record - yikes -

But like I said earlier, depending on Miles Austin and David Wright tomorrow, could end up in the top 20 overall -

Wiljiro
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm

wiljiro wrote:That is correct -

1st Place is H2H with tiebreaker being points-

2nd Place is most points

My second Prime Time team will win the points battle, and go into a three week playoff for 3K with a 6-7 record - yikes -

But like I said earlier, depending on Miles Austin and David Wright tomorrow, could end up in the top 20 overall -

Wiljiro
Have a feeling you aren't going to get much from David Wright... ;)

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

You are correct I finished 9-4 and tied for 1st in record and was 152nd overall and get the big fat $0 for that great season. Also missed the playoffs in another league at 9-4. Sucks!
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Henry Muto wrote:You are correct I finished 9-4 and tied for 1st in record and was 152nd overall and get the big fat $0 for that great season. Also missed the playoffs in another league at 9-4. Sucks!
Henry, congrats on getting four teams into the Championship Round of the NFFC Online Championship. If you are talking about your Chimeras team, yes you finished 3rd in your league but that team finished 185th overall and earned a Wild Card spot in the Championship Round. That team didn't cash within the league -- you finished third in H2H record one game back of the two leaders and 3rd in points in your league -- but you still have a shot at the $150,000 grand prize. This could be the team that brings home the most money. Now go out and win it all!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Henry Muto wrote:You are correct I finished 9-4 and tied for 1st in record and was 152nd overall and get the big fat $0 for that great season. Also missed the playoffs in another league at 9-4. Sucks!
Henry, congrats on getting four teams into the Championship Round of the NFFC Online Championship. If you are talking about your Chimeras team, yes you finished 3rd in your league but that team finished 185th overall and earned a Wild Card spot in the Championship Round. That team didn't cash within the league -- you finished third in H2H record one game back of the two leaders and 3rd in points in your league -- but you still have a shot at the $150,000 grand prize. This could be the team that brings home the most money. Now go out and win it all!!
My Wyverns team also finished 9-4, 2nd in the league in pts and also 152 overall but missed the league playoffs. To have such a great season where your 2nd best record and 2nd best in pts and to be in the top 8% of all teams in pts scored and not even make your league playoffs makes this kind of format tough to play in. I love the 3 week LCG but to get their is almost impossible even when having a great season. I also don't like the winner take all rule for a team that ends up tied in record and has most pts I think you need to win the record outright and most pts to get the entire $1600. Also I don't know why you guys changed your format from $700/$1400 last year to $500/$1600 this year...to me $700/$1400 was just fine I prefer to have a great season rewarded and $500 doesn't seem like much for a 2nd place finish.

I had 3 teams that just missed making LCG all were worthy...two went 9-4 which should be good enough in any format and 1 team happened to have 2 other teams go wild in pts and just missed by 22 pts.

Sure I got 4 of my teams into the Championship round but it only pays top 25 out of 350 that is like playing the lotto so I would never count on making any money there when paying such a tiny amount 7% back pack isn't exactly what I call good odds and that is to just win a tiny prize in 25th when to get 25th out of 1872 teams should be a great accomplishment it just doesn't pay anything near the accomplishment it would be to get because all the money is tied up into the top few places so while winning it all would be great and I would foget about missing the LCG the odds are miraclish to accomplish.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Henry Muto wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
My Wyverns team also finished 9-4, 2nd in the league in pts and also 152 overall but missed the league playoffs. To have such a great season where your 2nd best record and 2nd best in pts and to be in the top 8% of all teams in pts scored and not even make your league playoffs makes this kind of format tough to play in. I love the 3 week LCG but to get their is almost impossible even when having a great season. I also don't like the winner take all rule for a team that ends up tied in record and has most pts I think you need to win the record outright and most pts to get the entire $1600. Also I don't know why you guys changed your format from $700/$1400 last year to $500/$1600 this year...to me $700/$1400 was just fine I prefer to have a great season rewarded and $500 doesn't seem like much for a 2nd place finish.

I had 3 teams that just missed making LCG all were worthy...two went 9-4 which should be good enough in any format and 1 team happened to have 2 other teams go wild in pts and just missed by 22 pts.

Sure I got 4 of my teams into the Championship round but it only pays top 25 out of 350 that is like playing the lotto so I would never count on making any money there when paying such a tiny amount 7% back pack isn't exactly what I call good odds and that is to just win a tiny prize in 25th when to get 25th out of 1872 teams should be a great accomplishment it just doesn't pay anything near the accomplishment it would be to get because all the money is tied up into the top few places so while winning it all would be great and I would foget about missing the LCG the odds are miraclish to accomplish.
Henry,

You have to understand, this is not a "League Title" game, people here aren't playing to win their league, they are playing to win the entire competition and at some point, there has to be a cut in the # of teams remaining. In order to put weight on the First 13 weeks, only the top 2-3 teams can win money and qualify for the playoffs -- if more teams earned money, there's be nothing left for the Overall Prizes. League money is the reward for the dominant teams to get something back before going into the Overall Playoff Lottery -- if those teams don't get that reward, no one is going to play in this league -- more teams splitting the small League Prizes is not good for this league, no matter what you think or have been reading this week here.

You said, "9-4 should be good enough in any format", well truth is, it's just not good enough in this format, and neither were your total points obviously. My only two teams that cashed were 11-2 -- those are the levels you need to win money in this format. You may not like it, but it's what you signed up for and shouldn't be surprised that 9-4 wasn't the standalone top record in a 12-team league.