Setting Lineups For NFFC Championship Rounds!!

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: Setting Lineups For NFFC Championship Rounds!!

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 pm

King of Queens wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:I like the opportunity to set different lineups, but do agree that the application used with different links is kinda of confusing and will lead to a lot of errors like this.

It might be better if maybe you had a single page to set your team roster for both Playoffs -- maybe with a check box button that you can click to "Play Different Roster" in the League Playoff, if that button is checked then you can make changes to a secondary lineup shown below the Overall Playoff roster.
The check box was the exact idea I had in mind, if it's even worth it. Take a poll of teams in league playoffs and see how many people actually utilized different lineups.

It was a good idea to let teams set different lineups, but if the technology doesn't simplify things, it might be better to not allow it at all.
+1

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Nevermind.
Last edited by Coach JP on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:
Henry Muto wrote:Hate these double line ups I thought I changed the correct one for my kicker and DF but chagned the wrong one when your in a lot of leagues easy to make that mistake...I just noticed it still had time to switch my DF they both play late but screwed myself at kicker.
I'm not a fan as well. 95% of the time I imagine someone would use exact same lineup.
I F'ed up yesterday. Set my lineup in my regular league because I'm in a playoff for the 2nd $3,000, and never set it for the Championship round. So RG3 and Bradshaw got to play yesterday. Yippee.

I have nobody to blame but myself, but, indeed, setting two lineups was never a good idea.
I feel your pain right now I really thought I was the only one to F this up. I am pretty sure I even set both my line ups on both pages but somehow 1 of them I tried to switch a wrong player I tried switching both my K and DF and move a later playing guy to the flex spot and somehow something was not set right and didn't take and I didn't notice it then when I checked the live scoring I checked it for the league page not the overall...why couldn't I have reversed it and messed up on the league page or why couldn't the guy I didn't want to start actually do better!

Anyway I have cried enough over this got to move on......the healing starts tonight when the Jets DF throws up a 30 pointer for me!
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm

King of Queens wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:I like the opportunity to set different lineups, but do agree that the application used with different links is kinda of confusing and will lead to a lot of errors like this.

It might be better if maybe you had a single page to set your team roster for both Playoffs -- maybe with a check box button that you can click to "Play Different Roster" in the League Playoff, if that button is checked then you can make changes to a secondary lineup shown below the Overall Playoff roster.
The check box was the exact idea I had in mind, if it's even worth it. Take a poll of teams in league playoffs and see how many people actually utilized different lineups.

It was a good idea to let teams set different lineups, but if the technology doesn't simplify things, it might be better to not allow it at all.
I actually used different lineups but I am sure KOQ is right in that few do. I have gotten the Brandon Myers/Jermaine Gresham puzzle wrong for a month now. So this week I played both and assured myself to get it only half wrong.