SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 am

Congrats to the tag team of Shawn Childs and Chris Schinker for winning the debut NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League title. That was a tough, tough group to bid real money on your first two picks and to beat over 16 weeks. Job well done gentlemen.

And a special thanks to KJ Duke, who set this up. It was a great kickoff event before our private NFL Viewing Party and it set the tone for the type of kickoff party we should host each year in Las Vegas. So with that in mind, KJ has already put plans in motion for the 2nd annual NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League, which will take place on Thursday, Sept. 5th at the Bellagio Las Vegas.

KJ is proposing a $1,000 entry fee this time with the following prize payouts:
1st - $6,500
2nd - $3,500
3rd - $1,500

Then 100% of the money generated through the bidding for your first two draft spots -- including the 2nd round which sets the draft order through Round 30 -- will be distributed equally to the 16 weekly "skins" winners. It's a great, great setup.

Let's set this up for a Noon PT start time so that we can get all 30 rounds in before the 4:30 pm PT kickoff. We can move it slightly earlier or later just to be safe. Totally your call on the starting time.

The 14 owners who were in the 2012 league get first dibs on spots through May 1st. That's only fair since they helped launch this format. If there's demand for a second league, we can definitely take new signups and see if we can host another one of these leagues at the same time or even after the NFL game. If you competed in this league last year and want to reserve a spot for 2013, just contact me at [email protected] or post your desire on this thread. No payment is needed until Aug. 1st for any of our live events. Thanks all.

Thanks again everyone. This was the perfect KICKOFF event.

Here's the current signup list:

NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League
Bellagio, Las Vegas
Thursday, Sept. 5th, 1 pm PT
1. Scott Stauffer
2. KJ Duke
3. Shawn Childs
4. Glenn Schroter
5. David Hubbard
6. Scott Keikoan
7. John Rozek
8. Mark Moyer
9. Mark Srebro
10. Jules McLean
11. Jim Nicola
12. Jason Steeves
13. JJ Stratton
14. Rick Thomas
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BONGIZMO

Re: Plans For 2nd Annual NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:29 am

I'm in, it was a blast.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 am

Put me on the always-in list.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm

I'll tee it up again.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:19 pm

12pm is the perfect time to start -- that pre-game/halftime/post-game draft was grueling. This should be done well before kickoff.

8 months from tomorrow? Count me in.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 pm

King of Queens wrote:12pm is the perfect time to start -- that pre-game/halftime/post-game draft was grueling. This should be done well before kickoff.

8 months from tomorrow? Count me in.
Sounds good. We also have some plans for a couple of drafts AFTER the game as well, starting at 8 pm PT. Those will be Draft Champions style leagues. Stay tuned. With Tom working out there with me, I can still bartend during the post-game festivities while he runs these new leagues!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

E2A

Post by E2A » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 am

Even though Shawn Childs crushed me in this competition, I am back next year for another beating. I really enjoyed the set-up and the people in the draft. KJ did an outstanding job of coordinating this event, so I will be back next year to donate some more money to my friend Shawn. Congrats and see you all in 2013.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:06 pm

I regret that my travel plans caused me to have to drop out of this league last minute. It looks like it was a blast. Please put me down as an alternate if a spot opens up next year. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 pm

E2A wrote:Even though Shawn Childs crushed me in this competition, I am back next year for another beating. I really enjoyed the set-up and the people in the draft. KJ did an outstanding job of coordinating this event, so I will be back next year to donate some more money to my friend Shawn. Congrats and see you all in 2013.
Awesome and the signup list has been updated. I don't recognize the message board name, though, so please post your name. Thanks.

kamakazi

Post by kamakazi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I am in. This was a great event. I look forward to next year. I might fork a little money out next year. I will do everything possible to make sure I am able to get to Vegas, oh I forgot, I live 10 minutes from the Bellagio. I will be there, early as usual.

Scott Keikoan