Let The Playoffs (And Predictions) Begin

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Let The Playoffs (And Predictions) Begin

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm

It should be a FANTASTIC weekend of action in the NFL. I can't wait for the games to begin tomorrow. I'll offer my predictions for this weekend, but only if you offer yours!! :mrgreen:

Denver 31 Baltimore 17
Green Bay 27 San Francisco 24
Seattle 24 Atlanta 23
New England 34 Houston 17

I think I have the over in all 4 games again!! Damn, I like high scores and I do think the offenses will prevail this weekend. It should be a wild, wild weekend of football. Good luck to everyone rooting for their favorite teams (GO PACK GO!!).
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Seattle 24 Atlanta 23
Greg...you're killing me!!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Shrink Attack wrote:
Yeah Greg stop picking on Paul!!! A one point loss would be terribly painful!

I say Seattle 34 Atlanta 17
Denver 33-14
New England 37-17
SF 24-13
Pat Sorge

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:55 am

Ry's Guys wrote:
Shrink Attack wrote:
Yeah Greg stop picking on Paul!!! A one point loss would be terribly painful!

Denver 33-14
New England 37-17
SF 24-13
Now you're just piling on, Pat! ;)

It will be a fairly low scoring game. Seattle is the chic pick, but the Falcons will prevail in this one.

The Seahawks would've lost to Washington if the Skins had a QB with two legs. They don't travel well at all, and 6,000 miles in 8 days? A 10 AM PST start? A rookie QB? Tony G needing a playoff win? Mike Smith and Matt Ryan needing to purge demons? The Dome advantage? Seattle losing their best pass rusher? Me being at the game drowning in beer? Need I say more?

Falcons 24-20

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:08 am

I think the premier game of the weekend is the Packers and Niners. However, the Seahawks and Falcons matchup is a close second. Nothing, and I mean nothing seems to phase Russell Wilson. A road game, the start time of the game, or the opponent won't impact the way that guy performs. Tony G has a big game in the middle of the field but Seattle's big corners contain the two big talented Falcon WR's. The Falcons run game will do very little and the Seahawks come through with another road win.

Predictions:

Seattle, 21-17
Pats, 31-17
49ers, 24-21
Broncos, 31-21
Go Big Red!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:28 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:It should be a FANTASTIC weekend of action in the NFL. I can't wait for the games to begin tomorrow. I'll offer my predictions for this weekend, but only if you offer yours!! :mrgreen:

Denver 31 Baltimore 17
Green Bay 27 San Francisco 24
Seattle 24 Atlanta 23
New England 34 Houston 17

I think I have the over in all 4 games again!! Damn, I like high scores and I do think the offenses will prevail this weekend. It should be a wild, wild weekend of football. Good luck to everyone rooting for their favorite teams (GO PACK GO!!).
Once again Greg, you and I are on the same page as far as winners. Yet again though, I think you're letting your fantasy football backround and love of scoring affect your thought process with the overs. :shock:

I'll go with close games with Seattle and Green Bay prevailing and easy wins for NE & Denver with the only over being in New England. Should be fun, can't wait.

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Denver 24 Baltimore 20
Green Bay 17 San Francisco 14
Atlanta 31 Seattle 21
Houston 31 New England 27

My upset pick of the week is Houston over New England. I think the San Francisco - Green Bay will be a close game decided by a field goal. Altanta will answer the question are they for real with a convincing win over Seattle.

Already looking forward to next year.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Denver 33-14
New England 37-17
SF 24-13

[/quote]
Me being at the game drowning in beer? Need I say more?
[/quote]

This is easily the biggest factor.

I just called my bookie and gave him the deed to my house for a MONSTER payoff!! :lol:

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:02 am

BillyWaz wrote:I say Seattle 34 Atlanta 17
Denver 33-14
New England 37-17
SF 24-13

[
Me being at the game drowning in beer? Need I say more?

This is easily the biggest factor.

I just called my bookie and gave him the deed to my house for a MONSTER payoff!! :lol:
Book it, my friend!

Do you really see Seattle scoring 34 points? I think it will be low scoring, and the Falcons are going to will themselves to a win. And no...I'm not drunk yet. ;)

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:I think the premier game of the weekend is the Packers and Niners. However, the Seahawks and Falcons matchup is a close second. Nothing, and I mean nothing seems to phase Russell Wilson. A road game, the start time of the game, or the opponent won't impact the way that guy performs. Tony G has a big game in the middle of the field but Seattle's big corners contain the two big talented Falcon WR's. The Falcons run game will do very little and the Seahawks come through with another road win.

Predictions:

Seattle, 21-17
Pats, 31-17
49ers, 24-21
Broncos, 31-21
It's only half time but the Seahawks are being outplayed and out coached. They look like a tired and unmotivated team. Falcons are fired up. Looks like Tony G is inline to get his first playoff win.
Go Big Red!