Plans For 4th Annual NFFC 12-Team Diamond League

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Plans For 4th Annual NFFC 12-Team Diamond League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:46 am

Don't look now, but we are going to have two full NFFC Diamond Leagues this year...and maybe more!! ;) The demand is there and we have a lot of top players looking to secure their spots NOW!! Kyle Johnson asked to be put on both lists, giving us 12 interested owners in the Second Diamond League. There is no doubt that the first one will be sold out as well. Heck, maybe we have TWO Diamond Leagues on Friday morning.

Thanks all. Here's the current signup list during the first week of February!!

NFFC Diamond League
Saturday, Sept. 7th, 6 pm PT
Bellagio, Las Vegas
1. Steven Stith Sr., Las Vegas, Nevada (first alternate or first for 2nd league)
2. David Hubbard, Angleton, Texas (second alternate or in for 2nd league)
3. Kevin Schiller (put on the list for 2 Diamonds)
4. Kyle Johnson, Edmonton, Alberta
5. Peter Berall, Montreal, Quebec (would do a second Diamond)
6. Will Tyrer (would do a second Diamond)
7. Glenn Schroter (would do a second Diamond)
8. Chad Schroeder (would do a second Diamond)
9. Larry Schechter (tentative for a second Diamond)
10. Glenn Lowy (tentative for 2nd Diamond)
11. Rob Silver (tentative for 2nd Diamond)
12. Jared Danielsen (tentative)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Great news! Looking forward to the Double Diamond :D

larry schechter

Post by larry schechter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Diamond League #1 is all full. Let's get our KDS set by valentine's day and announce the draft order on Feb 15th!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 pm

larry schechter wrote:Diamond League #1 is all full. Let's get our KDS set by valentine's day and announce the draft order on Feb 15th!
Thanks for reminding me. Can we FINALLY do this the right way? That is, pick your spot right before the draft. Live KDS would be a nice addition to the SiriusXM broadcast.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:22 pm

King of Queens wrote:
larry schechter wrote:Diamond League #1 is all full. Let's get our KDS set by valentine's day and announce the draft order on Feb 15th!
Thanks for reminding me. Can we FINALLY do this the right way? That is, pick your spot right before the draft. Live KDS would be a nice addition to the SiriusXM broadcast.

I have asked Greg about this also. If a majority want it in the big leagues, why not just make it a rule, so we avoid the "if one person doesn't want to do it that way, then we won't" situation that we have ran into the last few years.

larry schechter

Post by larry schechter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Why do you think picking the draft order just before the draft is the "right" way? what's wrong with giving people a little time to know their spot?

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I like it that way so you have current information for setting KDS. Especially when there is a Thursday night game involved. That game and late injury can have an impact on KDS. When we are putting up large amounts of money, I either don't want KDS at all, or the ability to set it with current information. The most current information is at the draft. They have done this across the street for some time in big leagues, and I think most everyone there loves it.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I like it that way so you have current information for setting KDS. Especially when there is a Thursday night game involved. That game and late injury can have an impact on KDS. When we are putting up large amounts of money, I either don't want KDS at all, or the ability to set it with current information. The most current information is at the draft. They have done this across the street for some time in big leagues, and I think most everyone there loves it.
Exactly my view as well.

The rules, to my knowledge, have not been posted. Lets discuss and resolve this now, before we need to get a consensus vote.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:03 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I like it that way so you have current information for setting KDS. Especially when there is a Thursday night game involved. That game and late injury can have an impact on KDS. When we are putting up large amounts of money, I either don't want KDS at all, or the ability to set it with current information. The most current information is at the draft. They have done this across the street for some time in big leagues, and I think most everyone there loves it.
Lets discuss and resolve this now, before we need to get a consensus vote.
This sounds exactly like the way Congress would handle it! :lol:

Not in this league, but if I were, I would want it done 5 minutes before the draft as well. ;)

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Another cool dynamic is that you can steer clear of someone else if you so choose. Not that it helped me get away from Glenn last year much:)