Revised NFFC Prize Structure Proposal

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:30 pm

Originally posted by JSF:
Frankly, I'm tired of dominating my local leagues each year and feel the need to beat up on more of a "national scale" group.

I think there a lot who have yet to play (or win) any "high stakes" contest. It is going to be quite different from "Our Lady of the autistic, blind morons fantasy football league" that most have been playing in and dominating. It will be a pleasure humbling you! ;) :D

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:34 pm

I would most likely be in WCOFF except the dates did not work for me. Now I am very glad they did not!!!! Greg and Tom are wonderful. Clearly this will be first rate. I will have no fun matter what the payout. Changing the payout is of no concern for me. I am in for years to come.

Derek
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

Dead Money

Post by Dead Money » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:41 pm

I am completely ok with the grand prize dropping to $100,000 with that increase in odds to win!

I also am in the NFBC and it has been a fantastic experience. I will be returning to that event as well.

For all the fence sitters, trust in Greg and Tom, they won't let you down!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:47 pm

24-for-24 so far. Thanks guys. Now the goal is to have a BIG final week and surprise everyone with more entries than expected.

There was no sense being vague about the signups any longer and we wanted everyone to know exactly what the situation was. We can still grow this event together this week and have a great Draft Day in two weeks.

The reality of the situation is that the market is full of high-stakes options and it's tough on consumers. Only the WCOFF has more paid entries for a live event than the NFFC and other events have to make similar decisions this week. We'll see how it all shakes out, but at least you guys know where we stand at this moment.

[ August 22, 2004, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 pm

Lets see, probably not a 1:602 chance of winning $200K. More like 1:200 to 1:250 of winning $100K. If my math skills are still as sharp as I think they are, then the odds of winning a BIG prize just got better.... Who would complain? Not me!

Greg; you came through for those of us in the NFBC and that's why so many of us are here with you in the NFFC. We've never doubted you would do everything possible to make this work.
I can't imagine anyone complaining about getting better odds than posted.

Best regards,
Pete

hammer

Post by hammer » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:05 pm

Everything about Greg and Tom and the planning of this event has been up-front and first-class... I'm already paid, and today's email update (forthright and with news of increased odds) means wild horses couldn't drag me away from competing against fellow die-hards. Thanks for the all the hard work, Greg, and you tell the Big Apple that the Hammer is coming... and hell's coming with me!

ruslerue

Post by ruslerue » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:18 pm

couldn't agree more....when i saw the turnout was a little low, i was expecintg the worst....shadiness, lying, my money being stolen.

Greg has been nothing but upfront, and even told me they're going to take a loss this year, to make sure we get as much prize money as possible.

I'm in until the end....and I mean that (I got discharged from the hospital on friday after a spinal tap in the afternoon to make my keeper draft at 730 that night). The grim reaper can wait, I've got picks to make.

mrbill40

Post by mrbill40 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:34 pm

Greg, I am behind you all the way, the proposed lower grand prize will work for me. ;)

Mr Bill
Going for the Quadruple Crown!!!
Draft Champion, Auction, Main Event and Ultimate.
Ezzell Brothers

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:38 pm

Greg, I could play for $2500 and would stay in just because I want to take on the majority of these guys that have been talking smack for two months. After getting bumped out of Fantasy Four last year, this league is first class and I'm in for the long haul. And don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy the other $97500 if I win.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:10 pm

Originally posted by John Zaleski:
Dave... very funny stuff.... I'll add to it... The winner of the 100K won't have to pay any taxes because he can write off the other 100K they aren't going to give away, claiming that 100K as a loss. You also forgot the free trip to Iola! LOL - isn't the old rule of thumb that you write off everything except the receipt from the office supply store where you bought blank receipt-books?

If I win, I promise to visit Iola and buy the Krause group a couple MGD's

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!