No Opinions On Aaron Hernandez?

Tom Kessenich

Re: No Opinions On Aaron Hernandez?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 am

Sandman62 wrote:Tom,

What is Brandon Lloyd's status? Is he on the sidelines? Is he the most logical WR to bring back at this point?
Still a free agent and reportedly is not easy to deal with in the locker room. Doesn't sound like the Patriots have any interest in bringing him back.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 am

Ah, thanks. Interest or not, might their backs be against the wall now?

I'd also read that they were possibly entertaining 34YO Dallas Clark? Based on how productive he was with Manning, he might be a good fit - as long as he can stay on the field. Take any bets who'd play more games between him and Amendola? :P

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am

Their backs have been against the wall at WR the whole offseason and they've showed no interest in bringing Lloyd back. I doubt that changes even now. Belichick is one stubborn dude. :)

Clark did stay healthy last season for the Bucs but I wouldn't go that route if I was them. I think Ballard, if healthy, can be a solid option. I'd be more concerned about the lack of talent at WR.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am

I say the Pats sign Vonte Leach, and run the ball 1000 times this year.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:54 am

Sandman62 wrote:Ah, thanks. Interest or not, might their backs be against the wall now?

I'd also read that they were possibly entertaining 34YO Dallas Clark? Based on how productive he was with Manning, he might be a good fit - as long as he can stay on the field. Take any bets who'd play more games between him and Amendola? :P

I bet if the Pats sign Clark today, he would be drafted in the very next league by round 14.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:55 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Their backs have been against the wall at WR the whole offseason and they've showed no interest in bringing Lloyd back. I doubt that changes even now. Belichick is one stubborn dude. :)

Clark did stay healthy last season for the Bucs but I wouldn't go that route if I was them. I think Ballard, if healthy, can be a solid option. I'd be more concerned about the lack of talent at WR.
What other WRs are on the sidelines still or might not make the cut on their teams during camp? I was thinking perhaps someone like CLE's David Nelson? With Bess there now, once Gordon's suspension is over, they seem all set (with Little improving too and an expected increased role for TE Cameron). Nelson came from the Bills, so maybe Belichek's seen him and maybe likes his skill set? I think he's like 6'5", which would offer Brady a red-zone weapon.

I mentioned him to my son yesterday and his response was "he stinks!". But does he, or did the Bills just stink? Isn't the the kind of project that Brady and Bill could make better?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am

I just Tweeted that the Patriots should offer a late-round pick to Seattle for Doug Baldwin. That makes sense for both teams. Baldwin would immediately become NE's second-best WR in my opinion and the Seahawks get something for a player who doesn't appear to have a big role barring injury with Harvin, Rice and Tate ahead of him on the depth chart.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 am

I think Tebow 'sees the light' via Belichak and becomes a TE. I think he becomes useful and the legend of big bill grows some more.

I still will hate Bel til the end of time but that's another story... :evil:
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 am

That makes sense too Tom. The Pats will obviously game plan a lot for Amendola. But with as fragile as he and Edelman are, it'd make sense to have a similar type receiver on-hand.

What about SD? Do they have a potential WR surplus, and if so, which might they release?
Alexander is safe, and likely their rookie Allen. Royal's similar to Baldwin. Brown's an up and comer if he can get back to pre-injury form. Are Floyd and Meachem just overpaid bums? Either would fill a tall target void for the Pats though, no? (I tend to agree with Rotoworld on Michael Jenkins: "Tom Brady can make a lot of players look good, but he'd be pulling a rabbit out of his hat if he can turn Jenkins into a productive "X" receiver.")

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 am

I don't think Tebow moves to TE. Rich Gannon recently talked about how difficult that transition would be and how lost Tebow looked when the Jets split him out wide at times last season. I think if Tebow ever switched positions moving him to running back would make the most sense. His greatest attribute is his ability to run. I haven't seen any indication he can be a receiver.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich