NFFC Early Season Draft Results

CALI CARTEL

Re: NFFC Early Season Draft Results

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:I see team 12 didn't take a RB the first 6 rounds. Who did they get for RBs later? Arian Foster stock is falling. Is it his calf injury or his steadily dropping Yards Per Carry? He has touched the ball more than anyone for 3 years now.
His first and only RB through 7 picks is Eddie Lacy (took him at the turn with Pitta).

I was the one that ended up with Foster at #7

Looking at this thru 6 picks:

Cam
Foster, MJD
Julio, Amendola, T.Austin

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:I see team 12 didn't take a RB the first 6 rounds. Who did they get for RBs later? Arian Foster stock is falling. Is it his calf injury or his steadily dropping Yards Per Carry? He has touched the ball more than anyone for 3 years now.
His first and only RB through 7 picks is Eddie Lacy (took him at the turn with Pitta).

I was the one that ended up with Foster at #7

Looking at this thru 6 picks:

Cam
Foster, MJD
Julio, Amendola, T.Austin
Great start. I like that team a lot.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

afv

Post by afv » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:18 pm

is QB the only position you can recreate a top tier player by stapling later round starters into a portfolio? Obviously only in a DC. It seems like a much more difficult task to recreate J Graham with 3+ later round 4-5th tier TEs. Aren't their ceilings just too low. But any given week average-below average QBs can put up pts (see week 11 Jax/HOU).

I've done two DCs so far. One I have Brees and Vick (I know!) and the other I have Freeman/Cutler/Schaub. i feel better about the team with Brees/Vick combo, even though it has weaker WRs/Rbs. Likely a result of my certainty bias...i 'know' Brees will put up pts while the other team's individual QBs are ugly and uncertain.

afv

Post by afv » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:23 pm

which would you rather have (assuming these are the only two choices :!: )

QB Brees/Vick
RB McCoy/Ballard/Vereen/Jstew/DWill/Bernard
WR Green/Nelson/Amendola/Givens/Jefery
TE Cook/Allen/Eifert

QB Cutler/Freeman/Schaub
RB Charles/Mathews/Bradshaw
WR White/Cruz/Brown/Britt
TE Graham

telestar

Post by telestar » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 pm

I don't think it is that close - your team two - even with Brees on team one - is better to me. I think you have three top 20 WR on team two (White, Cruz, Brown) and Britt who should be solid (#35-40?). Team one has Green, but Nelson is on the edge of the top 20 and Amendola, Givens and Jeffery are maybe all a little behind Britt, and one of whom will need to be your #3 WR. Graham obviously trumps Cook, and while you have McCoy and Vereen on team one, Charles and Bradshaw are just as good. That second team looks great to me...I think you will get enough points from the QB slot.
Good luck this season in any case.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:36 pm

telestar wrote:I don't think it is that close - your team two - even with Brees on team one - is better to me. I think you have three top 20 WR on team two (White, Cruz, Brown) and Britt who should be solid (#35-40?). Team one has Green, but Nelson is on the edge of the top 20 and Amendola, Givens and Jeffery are maybe all a little behind Britt, and one of whom will need to be your #3 WR. Graham obviously trumps Cook, and while you have McCoy and Vereen on team one, Charles and Bradshaw are just as good. That second team looks great to me...I think you will get enough points from the QB slot.
Good luck this season in any case.
I think your off on Jordy Nelson. Hes borderline top ten in my estimation. Amendola is better than Britt for however long hes on the field. But Britt cant stay healthy either and Locker isn't Tom Brady of course. Givens could be nice this year with Tavon Austin attracting attention. With recent Patriot events Id give Vereen a sizable edge over Bradshaw who is always hurt.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 pm

afv wrote:which would you rather have (assuming these are the only two choices :!: )

QB Brees/Vick
TE Cook/Allen/Eifert

QB Cutler/Freeman/Schaub
TE Graham
I like team one a bit more. Your top 6 RBs are very nice.
4 very nice WRs and so-so at TE.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm

afv wrote:which would you rather have (assuming these are the only two choices :!: )

QB Brees/Vick
TE Cook/Allen/Eifert

QB Cutler/Freeman/Schaub
TE Graham

I would much rather have team 2.

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Coltsfan wrote:

QB Brees/Vick
TE Cook/Allen/Eifert

QB Cutler/Freeman/Schaub
TE Graham

Wayne
+1

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Coltsfan wrote:

QB Brees/Vick
TE Cook/Allen/Eifert

QB Cutler/Freeman/Schaub
TE Graham

Wayne
Mathews and Bradshaw as RBs 2 and 3??? Brown as a WR3??? Those 3 Qbs could be OK at very best. I have no faith in Cutler. Freeman is not liked at all by his head coach and has a Rookie Glennon who mite steal some starts. Shaub is old news on a run first team. Whats to like I ask??? Antonio didn't produce last year with Wallace on the other side. Whats his encore with an aging and Fragile Big Ben at QB?? Graham, White, Cruz, and Charles I will take them.