Greg & I In Sirius Hosts League Draft Tuesday

Tom Kessenich

Re: Greg & I In Sirius Hosts League Draft Tuesday From 2-5 p

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Here's my roster. Very happy with this team. I think I'm strong at RB and very strong at WR and Wilson is a potential QB1 stud. Not thrilled with the Gates pick but love Keller as my TE2. I think he has strong upside this season if he can stay healthy.

QB-Russell Wilson
QB-Sam Bradford

RB-Doug Martin
RB-Darren Sproles
RB-Eddie Lacy
RB-Pierre Thomas
RB-Marcel Reece

WR-Randall Cobb
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Steve Smith
WR-Miles Austin
WR-Rod Streater

TE-Antonio Gates
TE-Dustin Keller
D-San Francisco
K-Phil Dawson
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 pm

How does Aaron Rodgers last until the 4th round? I know QBs are the deepest they ever have been but it makes no mathematical sense what so ever. Graham, Green, Miller, and A-rod best start. Does losing Bulaga effect his value? I don't get it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:13 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:How does Aaron Rodgers last until the 4th round? I know QBs are the deepest they ever have been but it makes no mathematical sense what so ever. Graham, Green, Miller, and A-rod best start. Does losing Bulaga effect his value? I don't get it.
This is 4 points per passing TD, so they were even more undervalued in this format.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:20 pm

I swung for the fences in this league. There is no prize money involved, so nobody cares who finishes second. Four teams make the playoffs in Weeks 15 and 16, so it was time to swing for the fences and win this league. Here's my team from the 9th spot:

QB - Matt Ryan
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - DeMarco Murray
RB - Montee Ball
RB - Bernard Pierce
RB - Vick Ballard
RB - Joseph Randle
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - T.Y. Hilton
WR - Mike Williams
WR - Cordarrelle Patterson
TE - Rob Gronkowski
TE - Owen Daniels
K - Blair Walsh
D - Denver

I couldn't pass on Megatron at 9 and after Alfred Morris went ahead of me I couldn't take an RB there, so I had a choice of Marshall or Julio. I liked them both, but something just tells me that Julio is going to explode this year. These owners kept taking RBs in the third round, so I had to gamble on the fragile DeMarco Murray. I know it's risky, but I'm swinging for the fences. Then I had to jump on Montee Ball early in the fourth round or I would have been in trouble. I had a shot at Victor Cruz there, which really would have been a trio of WRs, but I just couldn't do it.

I rolled the dice on Gronk in the 5th and took Matt Ryan in the 6th. I was going to hold off on QBs, but honestly I didn't really like the next tier of RBs or WRs. I do think my backups were okay, with Bernard Pierce and Vick Ballard at RB, but only time will tell.

It was a fun, fun draft and I think a good 3 hours of listening for SiriusXM subscribers. Enjoy if you have the SiriusXM On Demand app.

Thoughts on this roster?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Greg & I In Sirius Hosts League Draft Tuesday

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:56 pm

I was listening to Dave Richards and Nathan Segura on the ride home and they were evaluating the draft and they were shocked that I would go WR-WR. Nathan said "he gave up on the RB position." No, I really didn't, but at 9 it sure looked like Calvin Johnson was good value and at 16 I thought Julio Jones would score more points than Stephen Jackson and I had to have faith that I could still fill my RB spots with players who could score 200+ points.

Okay experts of the NFFC, in my position who would you have taken at 9 and 2.4? Megatron was really a no-brainer as he hasn't falled farther than 9th in any NFFC draft to date, but what about Round 2? With Forte, Morris and the other top tier RBs off the board, who would you have taken at 2.4?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 pm

I'll be on Colton & The Wolfman tonight at 10:30 pm ET to talk about today's draft if you're bored and you have nothing else to do!! :lol:

Looking at the first four rounds, when I took Montee Ball at 4.4, he was the 26th RB picked out of the first 40 players. Pretty amazing run on RBs in this draft. Again, QBs score only 4 points per passing TD, but still it was an amazing run on RBs.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Calvin was definitely the best pick at 9! Don't look back. And I think Murray outscores Alfred Morris this year so it worked out well he didn't fall to you.

Wayne

Money

Post by Money » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:07 pm

I predict a Kessenich, Ambrosius 1 2 finish!!
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:05 am

Looking back at this draft I pretty much accomplished all of my primary goals for drafts this year:

1. I got two good RBs in the first 3 rounds.
2. I built strong RB and WR corps
3. I waited at QB and still got a potential QB1 stud.
4. I acquired several of my upside value picks (Sproles, Lacy, Austin, Bradford and Keller)

The only thing I didn't do was wait on TEs and get a starter I really wanted. I'm not thrilled with Gates. I really wanted Jared Cook in that round. But hopefully between Gates and Keller TE sorts itself out in positive fashion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:01 am

Tom,

Who do you like better and why - Sproles or Bush?