July 16th BBDS league

sportsbettingman

July 16th BBDS league

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Hey Scarecrow!

He WAS called out...it's legit. (I see your angle for fair play...but he ranked TCH an F...TCH offered a bet...and he has now accepted...details of bet not known...I believe it's for 2 boxes of Mentos, and an ashtray from the Dunes!

What?

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

July 16th BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:13 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I believe it's for 2 boxes of MentosLance, I believe that Mentos come in a roll pack. Same as Rollos.

http://alumni.imsa.edu/~sure/mentos/Mentos.html

sportsbettingman

July 16th BBDS league

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:19 pm

Two can play at that game!!!

Here's the official bet...

I'm certain this was what I remember reading was the bet...(reading myself blabber, that is!)

~Lance

[ July 17, 2006, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

July 16th BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:24 pm

They really do come in boxes! I guess it doesn't look as good in the commercials if the actors hold up a box when they're about to be "fresh".

My favorite was the guy who sat on the freshly painted park bench in his new suit. Was his suit ruined? Of course not! He whips out his pack of Mentos, pops one in his mouth, and proceeds to roll around on the bench. Presto! He's got a striped suit. Dooo wahhhhhhh

TamuScarecrow

July 16th BBDS league

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Got you, Lance. Would be truly a cold day in the Mojave for JJ to pass up being called out.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

sportsbettingman

July 16th BBDS league

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:34 pm

I keep a couple boxes...just like the ones above...in my truck.

Almost every day that my boys hear me come home...they greet me with..."Gimme Mentos!" (Ages 4 and 6)...they can say it better...but chose to repeat how they said it before they learned to speak better english.

Those Mentos commercials were great/classic!

If you are in a bad mood...give them a try...they really do make you feel great (when you start laughing...remembering the commercials)

~Lance (goodnight!)

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:50 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
snake - without injuries hitting his roster or FAAB, could you please list the starting lineup you would play (if you were waz) for Week 5 of the NFL season. remember to take out bye week players. thanks. GG....With out even looking I can say it's only one week of the whole season..... :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]EXACTLY RI!

And......

it is in a POINTS LEAGUE!!! (Gekko can't grasp this concept)

What the hell is the difference if I start Robert Ferguson and Cedrick Wilson the same week and get 10 points for both, or if I start Wilson for Chad and get 5, and Ferguson for D-Jax and get 5 a different week?? IT IS STILL GETTING 10 POINTS for my bye week players NO MATTER WHEN IT HAPPENS....

DUH!! :eek:

Of course it is based on the matchups that week.

Since you are so interested in my team gekko, please check in to that for me.

Also, if you wouldn't mind checking that I still have a dentist appt. tomorrow, and if you could come over and do the dishes, I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

All because a few people said I had a decent team...... SHEESH!!! :rolleyes:

[ July 18, 2006, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:54 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
..granted GG, to be fair, drafting from that slot is difficult this year but SNAKE heard through the grapevine that Caddy somehow slipped to 2.4 - is that correct?...because if it is, then SNAKE would have employed a different strategy than Sir William did here, that's all that SNAKE will say here...SNAKE Not a Caddy fan at all Snake (your actually probably the biggest I know).

If I take Caddy with Westbrook, then what would I be left with at WR??? (especially the way there was a run on them?)

Securing one of the top 5 WR's was more important to me at the time.

Different strokes for different folks! :D

King of Queens

July 16th BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:42 am

Here's the problem with having multiple bye week players -- yes, even in a points league:

* Your starting lineup is made up of 6 RBs/WRs (unless you have Gates and Heap or something like that)

* Your bench consists of various players who can be used in a bye week. These are your 7th, 8th, 9th etc best players at RB, WR and occasionally TE

* If one of your top 6 players have their bye, you are likely to use your 7th best player

* If two of your top 6 players have their bye in the same week, you are likely to use your 7th and 8th best players

* If three of your top 6 players have their bye in the same week, you are likely to use your 7th, 8th and 9th best players

* Yes, it is true that the 8th or 9th best player always has a chance to outperform the 7th best player. However, in all likelihood, your best bye-week lineup (i.e. the one that will score you the most POINTS) consists of using 5 of your Top 6 players, plus your 7th player

Hope I'm not revealing too much strategy here...

TamuScarecrow

July 16th BBDS league

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:02 am

This may be for a new thread but I'm beginning to think the NFL is working diligently to make life interesting for the fantasy game in the way they are working their bye weeks and who they are grouping together during those weeks. It is weeding out the average players because it is certainly placing a premium on draft and roster management when you have 6 teams off in back-to-back weeks.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ