Slow Draft Still Not Finished

Money

Slow Draft Still Not Finished

Post by Money » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am

We're in the last round. I thought these had to be done before last nights game. One team gets Vonta Leach for 10 point fallback because of the delay, shouldn't decide the outcome.

One team that goes by the name of "Four Swords" timed out 5 -6 times. He was on a corner so when he timed out with back to back picks the computer put him on auto. He re-joined for a round or two which took him off auto. Yesterday he timed out two more times (16 hours), now the guy two picks away has 30 minutes left. Still have 12 picks to go.

Note to Joe, no more slow drafts unless doughboy is running them. The problem is he only plays baseball. ;)
Joe

Jersey Dawg

Re: Slow Draft Still Not Finished

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am

This should have been looked at sooner. If I recall properly, as the baseball season came closer and closer the clock was trimmed down from 8 hours to 6 to 4 or less to insure the draft would end prior to the start of the season. Did anyone email Tom/Greg earlier this week?

I feel your pain. I won one of these last year and finsihed in second in another (drafted 3 of them), but decided not to do any this year. The older I get the less patience I seem to have.

Pete

dabird777

Re: Slow Draft Still Not Finished

Post by dabird777 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:53 am

Money wrote:We're in the last round. I thought these had to be done before last nights game. One team gets Vonta Leach for 10 point fallback because of the delay, shouldn't decide the outcome.

One team that goes by the name of "Four Swords" timed out 5 -6 times. He was on a corner so when he timed out with back to back picks the computer put him on auto. He re-joined for a round or two which took him off auto. Yesterday he timed out two more times (16 hours), now the guy two picks away has 30 minutes left. Still have 12 picks to go.

Note to Joe, no more slow drafts unless doughboy is running them. The problem is he only plays baseball. ;)
I feel ya pain. I started a slow DC on August 12th. We wrapped up early on Sept 2nd. For me, no more slows after training camp starts. But don't worry Greg and Tom. That probably means more DC expresses and Cutlines for me :D

Perhaps next year, maybe Tom and Greg will offer more bowling nights and Cutlines even earlier. I think it's a good idea.