Manning 7 TDs

got heeem

Re: Manning 7 TDs

Post by got heeem » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:58 am

The only guy I would take over P Manning (might ) be A Petterson after that P Manning at 2 . 64 pts is a monster start .In cutline with only 10 teams and no 3rr # 1 pick no brainer .

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 am

If you want to compete for the overall title I think you have to pass on Manning and hope he falls back to earth. If you take him in the first round you are competing against dozens and dozens of teams who took him 3rd round and later and that is a huge advantage.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 am

Shh Matt i'm trying to get them to take him in rd one .I have him in 3 of 4 cutline teams .Got him in rd 4 .I need all the advantage I can get . lol .

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 am

mattjb wrote:If you want to compete for the overall title I think you have to pass on Manning and hope he falls back to earth. If you take him in the first round you are competing against dozens and dozens of teams who took him 3rd round and later and that is a huge advantage.
Couldn't agree more, Matt. I think people are getting blinded by the 60+ point start. Yes, it's great to take him in round one and ensure yourself of a great week #1 start but to your point, in the overall contests the teams that drafted Manning in rounds 3 and 4 are going to be at a huge advantage. Those teams would have drafted an elite RB or WR in the first round and that's what you will miss out on by targeting Manning in round #1.
Go Big Red!

Rog

Post by Rog » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:05 am

Jim Christie wrote:
dabird777 wrote:
Coach JP wrote:Well.... overreactions have begun :lol:

Doing an OC now, guess what the first 3 picks were?

Pick #1 - Peyton Manning
Pick #3 - Demaryius Thomas
That just kills their chances. I did a draft just for fun, taking Peyton first, and saw what that does is leave more elite players toward not just the end of the first round, but for part of the second. Tips the scales considerably toward the teams at the bottom of the first round.

Not just for that round, but for the rest of the draft. You probably were one of the beneficiaries, I take it JP? :lol:
That just kills their chances?

What would 50-55 TD's and 5500 passing yards be worth in regards to ADP? Just a question. Are these numbers completely impossible? This is Peyton Manning and a tremendous offensive passing game with very good weapons. I agree taking Thomas at 3 is a reach and not a move I would do with Martin and Charles there.
At 5pm Primetime Online this afternoon I have the #1 pick and I am going t o think long and hard about Peyton. Will that Kill my Chances I doubt it very much. If I was picking 4th - 6th, it would be a no brainer. 2nd or 3rd 75% sure it would be Peyton; #1 50-50;
7 TD passes most likely won't happen again, but 4 a game plus 300 yards passing is very doable. That equates to 39 points a game; 3 TD's and 250 = 30.5 a game. In the past few years Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady have been 1st round pick and some picked Rodgers in the middle of the first round.
All said and done, it should be an interesting Saturday of drafting as I saw Friday was. For the record, I took D. Thomas at #6 last night in an online champ draft and I don't think I gave anything away and drafted a solid team.

Good luck to everyone drafting today.

Can you go ahead and just let me know who you are taking at 1 so that I can see if I am going to start my team with a qb or a rb, with the 2nd pick :D

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Can you go ahead and just let me know who you are taking at 1 so that I can see if I am going to start my team with a qb or a rb, with the 2nd pick :D
Rog

That wouldn't be any fun Roger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:32 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:
mattjb wrote:If you want to compete for the overall title I think you have to pass on Manning and hope he falls back to earth. If you take him in the first round you are competing against dozens and dozens of teams who took him 3rd round and later and that is a huge advantage.
Couldn't agree more, Matt. I think people are getting blinded by the 60+ point start. Yes, it's great to take him in round one and ensure yourself of a great week #1 start but to your point, in the overall contests the teams that drafted Manning in rounds 3 and 4 are going to be at a huge advantage. Those teams would have drafted an elite RB or WR in the first round and that's what you will miss out on by targeting Manning in round #1.
I disagree to a point; last year, Foster was a consensus #1 pick, how did that work out?? There are no guarantees when drafting; "Blinded by 64.9 points?) Yes, and it is Peyton Manning; what if Flacco threw for those numbers, where would he go? No in the first 4-5 rounds. Of course other teams that drafted earlier will have an advantage but that means forget it?? No one answered my original question, what is 5500 yards and 50-55 passing TD's worth? What pick would you take those possible numbers??

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:43 pm

He will not get 5500 yds .It will get cold and maybe snow in Dec /Jan .His numbers will come down some .

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Jim Christie wrote:
CoMoHusker wrote:
I disagree to a point; last year, Foster was a consensus #1 pick, how did that work out?? There are no guarantees when drafting; "Blinded by 64.9 points?) Yes, and it is Peyton Manning; what if Flacco threw for those numbers, where would he go? No in the first 4-5 rounds. Of course other teams that drafted earlier will have an advantage but that means forget it?? No one answered my original question, what is 5500 yards and 50-55 passing TD's worth? What pick would you take those possible numbers??
Don't get me wrong, I love Manning and am happy I own him. I just think if you take him in round one you absolutely have to hit on your RB's. IMO, the safer play is to take an elite RB in the first. You talk like Foster was a bust last year. The guy's YPC was down but other than AP's crazy year, Foster was as solid as any. I think Peyton can challenge 50 TD's but think 5500 is a stretch. The Broncos will be looking to run the ball a bit more in the colder months. Bu like I said, I own Manning so I'd love to see him do it.
Go Big Red!

hankstr56

Post by hankstr56 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Well, today in Vegas Manning went in the first round of 3 primetime drafts.