David Wilson and Stevan Ridley

drago

David Wilson and Stevan Ridley

Post by drago » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 pm

David Wilson and Stevan Ridley both had fumbles today that may put their jobs in jeopardy for the season, or at least put them in the dreaded "RBBC" to a greater degree. They both play for old school coaches that HATE fumblers. Wilson was in the dog house for most of the season last year after one fumble, let alone two. I think that he may have a better chance of a return as NY really has no one else to turn to with Andre Brown down for 10 games, but can he hold on to the ball?
Stevan Ridley's fumbles really open the door for Vereen it looks like, who is a stud. It's hard to say if either Wilson or Ridley will be able to earn the trust of their coaches or be on such a short leash that any further turnovers chain them to the bench. I think these were the two of the most significant developments of the weekend as both players were 2nd or 3rd rounders in nearly every draft. Almost like they got injured.
Maybe I'm overthinking it a bit but this could be big at least in the short-term. Lots of intrigue right out of the chute. Thank god football is back!

GaryPowell

Re: David Wilson and Stevan Ridley

Post by GaryPowell » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Yea I'm worried about Ridley I had a decent day besides Ridley and Jones. I took Ridley in third round and I don't have much on my bench. I'm also wondering how much D Thomas goes for in FAB bucks in my league. Thoughts?

Erok

Post by Erok » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Coughlin is a good coach but this is ridiculous. Plus he is a hypocrite.
Coaches like him crack me up. Eli threw 3 picks. He doesnt get pulled.

The fact that both of these benchings happened on national tv game troubles me.
Ne has capable backups Ny does not.

I could see sitting Wilson for a series or two but not the whole game!!! That was idiotic.
Wilson was bad but my bigger area of concern is Kevin Gilbrides shitty play calls to get him involved.

Wilson can be every bit as good as charles, r bush, sproles, etc. but they have to call plays to match his skill
set and they have not!!!

they kept trying to run him inside and that wont work often. he needs to get in space
once he gets free he is gone! run more off tackle, end arounds, bubble screens, quick slants with him.
he should be catching 6-7 passes a game!

now he may not even start because of old red cheeks.
maybe he shouldve talked to the kid and put him back in after a couple of series
instead of banishing him to the bench on national tv again killing his confidence and humiliating him!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 am

As a Pats fan was able to watch the Ridley game, Ridley's benching was infuriating on many levels. For starters, he was averaging 5 yards a carry and dicing up the Bills D. He was looking very explosive.

His fumble was a fluke play. He tried cutting and slipped, and the ground caused the fumble. Watching Blount take sweeps and run like complete ass almost cost them the game.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Well Verren is out for 3 weeks so Ridley safe by default.

Erok

Post by Erok » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Maybe Coughlin and Gilbride will learn something tonight watching Chip Kelly free up one of their teams best playmakers and get him into space where he is most effective.

Andy Reid, who is a good coach, failed miserably at utilizing Jacksons skill set....much like the giants arent utilizing Wilsons skill set. Then again its tough to do when you are constantly being pulled from the game and benched. Lacy fumbled.......pulled for a little and then reinserted by McCarthy. He got a TD. Alfred Morris fumbled twice.....he stays in.
Coughlin better realize its 2013 and not 1960.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm

I agree Wilson should get a second chance and not be banished to the bench but what exactly is he?? I don't think we have seen enough of him to know. He is very fast that much we do know. Is he elusive and have great vision? He isn't much of a receiver as Brown was considered the 3rd down back. Maybe Wilson is just another McFadden. lots of hype with not much result. As far as Ridley goes I watched the whole game as well. He ran well but fumbled twice and Vereen looked just as good or better. Vereen gives the Pats a added dimension of catching the ball. Vereen should be the starter. he gives that offense more punch. Brady has little to throw to this year. Thompkins was blanketed by Mckelvin all game and a was non factor. When Amendola goes down so does the Pats offense. And most of all don't just discount what the Bills did Sunday. The Gap between the Bills and the patriots is getting closer. Manuel the REAL DEAL!!!

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:04 am

David U Kennedy wrote:I agree Wilson should get a second chance and not be banished to the bench but what exactly is he?? I don't think we have seen enough of him to know. He is very fast that much we do know. Is he elusive and have great vision? He isn't much of a receiver as Brown was considered the 3rd down back. Maybe Wilson is just another McFadden. lots of hype with not much result. As far as Ridley goes I watched the whole game as well. He ran well but fumbled twice and Vereen looked just as good or better. Vereen gives the Pats a added dimension of catching the ball. Vereen should be the starter. he gives that offense more punch. Brady has little to throw to this year. Thompkins was blanketed by Mckelvin all game and a was non factor. When Amendola goes down so does the Pats offense. And most of all don't just discount what the Bills did Sunday. The Gap between the Bills and the patriots is getting closer. Manuel the REAL DEAL!!!
So, the Bills had Leodis cover Kenbrell? Lol. What a decision. Don't cover the guy Brady loves to throw to in Amendola. After that game, other teams' top corners won't need to worry about Thompkins. The rook's in Brady's doghouse. And has two other rooks who would just love to take his PT.

14 targets? Ha! He'll be lucky to see half that in the Jets game.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:27 am

Giants looking at McGahee and Jacobs. I heard a Dallas defender talking on Sirius about how the entire Dallas defense practiced all week on taking the ball away from Wilson. He said they knew he carries the ball loose and away from his chest. He might be in deep doo doo.

Ridley probably gets the start. Short work week and he is their best option.

particra

Post by particra » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:40 am

The problem with WIlson is that he is now one fumble away from never finding his way off the bench. That's a tough way to play.