Dare to speak against New England

KenGill

Re: Dare to speak against New England

Post by KenGill » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 am

Maybe Welker is just a damn good player. I picked him at #7 overall in a slow draft and other than a poor week 1, have no complaints at all.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 am

Had Hernandez and Edelman not both gotten injured, you might have some regrets.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 am

KenGill wrote:Maybe Welker is just a damn good player.
Greatest slot receiver in NFL history.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am

Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor, NFL.com
Published: Oct. 8, 2012 at 09:21 a.m.
Updated: Oct. 8, 2012 at 09:46 a.m.

New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker is known as one of the funniest guys on his team, although he rarely shows that humor in public. His sly takedown of Rex Ryan a few years back was a good example, although it got him in trouble with his boss Bill Belichick.

Welker made another joke after New England's win Sunday over the Denver Broncos that could get Belichick's attention. Appearing on Comcast Sports New England after the game, Welker was asked if he enjoyed catching 13 passes in Week 5 against the Denver Broncos instead of when he caught three passes in Week 1 when his snaps were somewhat limited.

"Yeah it's kind of nice to stick it in Bill's face once in a while," Welker said. "So this is definitely a good one."

Belichick, who will almost always give the silent treatment in these situations, broke down. "As if it weren't bad enough that I'm hearing from the owners of the organization about some fantasy guru named DIESEL who had to be the one to let the entire Patriots nation know that the ONLY thing missing from our core was Welker. I listened to DIESEL, and Welker is again the focal point of our offense, and we are winning again. I personally thank Diesel every week by mentioning his name so the world knows how good this guy really is....But now, I have Welker throwing it in my face. It's kind of a tough spot, but I'm going to suck it up and listen to Diesel when he talks from now on. I mean, who am I to question him. Next question."
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:52 am

Diesel, don't mean to poop on your parade but they were 1-0 when they didn't include Welker in the offense, and 2-2 with him ;)

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Coach, You and I both know this team is enormously better WITH Welker being the focal point. Continue to poop on my parade and Belichick will bench YOU. lol

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 pm

:lol:

Was hoping you got my jest.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 pm

A year old thread on these message boards. I thought it was fitting after clearly seeing what New England is lacking.

Belicheck wanted a poor man's Welker...He got him.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:15 pm

First time in a long time the Bills have a shot at winning the division. Pats are still 2-0 but them rookie receivers look horrible. They should have drafted Robert Woods. If Bills don't do it this year next year for sure!!!!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:48 pm

My worries about the Bills is health. I don't believe Stevie Johnson, CJ Spiller or Fred Jackson can play a full season without missing time. Maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell. New England, on the other hand, is healthy...and looking stagnant. A Welkerless offense is what I see. Lol