Week 2....... and so the injuries begin at RB.

Erok

Week 2....... and so the injuries begin at RB.

Post by Erok » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Ray Rice injured.
Steven Jackson injured.
MJD injured.
Reggie Bush injured.
Eddie Lacy injured.

Oh boy!

not too mention the loss of Vereen last week.

particra

Re: Week 2....... and so the injuries begin at RB.

Post by particra » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 pm

I've come around to the view that, for the most part, drafting RBs early is for suckers

drago

Post by drago » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:11 pm

For three of those guys at least we have no one to blame but ourselves. MJD, SJax, and Bush are known for injuries. Rice is a bit of a surprise and a concussion can happen to anyone as in Lacy's case. The new rules on concussions mean that players will probably miss a lot more time, potentially, than they ever would have before the new protocols. Seeing any of the players on my teams with concussions is a bummer.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:46 pm

It's football ---not basket weaving. Injuries happen. Make sure you draft good back ups.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Doesn't sound like the Rice injury is much to worry about. I disagree that MJD is injury prone. He's been an iron man excluding last year of course.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 am

drago wrote:For three of those guys at least we have no one to blame but ourselves. MJD, SJax, and Bush are known for injuries.
SJax has missed just 2 games in the past 4 years. MJD missed just 2 games in the 3 years prior to last year's injury. I wouldn't call either of thsoe "known for injuries".

drago

Post by drago » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 am

I guess known for injuries would be better stated as known injury risks this year. MJD coming off a Lisfranc, and SJax at his age did have some red flags. Blaine Gabbert as starter should have been the biggest red flag for anyone drafting MJD (like me, what the heck was I thinking?)

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
drago wrote:For three of those guys at least we have no one to blame but ourselves. MJD, SJax, and Bush are known for injuries.
SJax has missed just 2 games in the past 4 years. MJD missed just 2 games in the 3 years prior to last year's injury. I wouldn't call either of thsoe "known for injuries".
S-Jax might have played almost every game the last 4 years, but many of those games were affected by injuries. So, trying to paint him as a virtue of health is facetious at best. It's no surprise at all to see S-Jax will miss time.

I will go on record as guaranteeing Reggie Bush will make it through a full season. Book it. Take it to the bank. Because I don't have him on any of my teams.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:29 pm

drago wrote:Blaine Gabbert as starter should have been the biggest red flag for anyone drafting MJD (like me, what the heck was I thinking?)
He led the league in rushing two years ago on a terrible offense with Gabbert playing ineptly at QB. There was risk involved with MJD but I think it had more to do with coming off the injury than Gabbert at QB (although that certainly wasn't a plus in anyone's favor).
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich