WOWSERS! TRICH TO COLTS!

Sabretooth

Re: WOWSERS! TRICH TO COLTS!

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I thought Cavs management was bad! Hey sandman what do you think???:) Glad i'm not a browns fan today!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Having grown up in Cleveland and been a Browns fan for most of my 50 years, it's almost comical how poorly they treat their fan base. Always in perpetual rebuild mode (certainly at least since they returned to the NFL in the late 90s). Then last year, they FINALLY use their two 1st-round picks (they usually trade them!) and overhauled the coaching and front office staff. We were optimistic that they were finally heading in the right direction.

Throwing in the towel after 2 games? I know new GM Mike Lombardi wasn't a Weeden guy. So once he got hurt, I think Lombardi seized the opportunity to install Hoyer. From there, maybe it makes sense to dump your franchise player too? Or is it just new regime arrogance and wanted to start from scratch? :?

Back to square one... AGAIN! :cry:
Last edited by Sandman62 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:44 pm

someone convince me this doesn't kill Josh Gordon's appeal for this season....

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Good thing the NFFC isn't a trading league. As commissioner of any NFFC keeper league, I'd have to reject this trade as not good for the league. Holy shit!!! I've never seen a dumping of a season so early like the Browns just did. Mike Lombardi was great on the NFL Network, but this move should be questioned BIG TIME!!

I think this will be a big part of the STATS Fantasy Advantage tonight starting at 10 pm ET. Call in if you have opinions.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:47 pm

boutrous11 wrote:someone convince me this doesn't kill Josh Gordon's appeal for this season....
Sorry, but I think it does. No running game + a 3rd string clipboard-toting QB = double-cover Gordon and Cameron and STILL beat the Browns handily.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Image

Having grown up in Cleveland and been a Browns fan for most of my 50 years, it's almost comical how poorly they treat their fan base. Always in perpetual rebuild mode. Then last year, they FINALLY use their two 1st-round picks (they usually trade them!) and overhauled the coaching and front office staff. We were optimistic that they were finally heading in the right direction.

Throwing in the towel after 2 games? I know new GM Mike Lombardi wasn't a Weeden guy. So once he got hurt, I think Lombardi seized the opportunity to install Hoyer. From there, maybe it makes sense to dump your franchise player too? Or is it just new regime arrogance and wanted to start from scratch? :?

I just don't see how they couldn't have gotten more than 1 first rounder for trent.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:04 pm

This deal smells bad. Can the NFL look into this? There can't be a logical reason to trade a franchise RB in his second season. They would already have likely had a top 5 pick next year without this trade. The Colts pick will end up to be in the 20s overall. How is this even remotely fair to the rest of the league?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Image

Having grown up in Cleveland and been a Browns fan for most of my 50 years, it's almost comical how poorly they treat their fan base. Always in perpetual rebuild mode (certainly at least since they returned to the NFL in the late 90s). Then last year, they FINALLY use their two 1st-round picks (they usually trade them!) and overhauled the coaching and front office staff. We were optimistic that they were finally heading in the right direction.

As bad as it is to be a Steelers fan this year, being a Browns fan is FAR worse. They always find a way to screw things up.

Sorry Mike.....really. :(

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 pm

QB-Andrew Luck
RB-Trent Richardson
WR-Reggie Wayne
WR-TY Hilton
WR-Darrius Heyward- Bey
TE- Colby Fleener

Yeah, that outta work.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Even if the Browns get the 1st overall pick next year by losing every game...then they get the Colts pick(probably pick 20-26), how could they possibly be better off than they were yesterday, WITH T.Richardson. He is a top RB and will be around for a long time. It is an insult to the NFL to see such an amateur business move.

Wouldn't the Cowboys have given Demarco Murray AND their first round pick for T Rich?

Wouldn't the Giants have given Wilson, D Scott AND their first round pick for T Rich?

I think there are teams that may have offered TWO first round picks for T.Rich.

There is no rule that says a team can't be stupid. There is no collision here. But man, If there was a dummy clause, this would be null and void.

The Texans owner just trashed his office and beat the crap out of his personal assistant, who brought him the news of this trade.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."