WOWSERS! TRICH TO COLTS!

Route C

Re: WOWSERS! TRICH TO COLTS!

Post by Route C » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:33 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:WOW...wayne and jeff gota be happy. :D and mike :evil: :evil:
Been waiting for this moment ever since we let Edge go. This makes Colts serious contenders for the division again. Not Super Bowl yet but headed in the right direction :D

afv

Post by afv » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:50 pm

76erfan wrote:for a first round pick!

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36896/16?leagu ... orm=webApp

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 pm

wiljiro wrote:wow - the reactionary nature of some of the people that play this game is astonishing -

727 for Willis McGahee??? That's what someone bid on him tonight in one of my Primetime leads - A guy who, A - is not even signed yet, he's taking a physical - B - could not make the Giants team and was passed over for Brandon Jacobs?? and - C - Did I mention that he has not even signed yet??

As for the Trent trade - Can we relax on the "Trent will be number one over all" next year talk please? There's two sides to every trade - He was in his SECOND year - even if the Browns were rebuilding - they just traded away their first round draft pick from a year ago - in his SECOND season - if you don't think they don't know something about Trent's ability to stay healthy - or perform at his expected standard over the long haul, then you are crazy -

Starks??? Seriously? Starks? Ummmm.... that was the Redskins Defense guys.... I think I could go 13 for 87 with 4 catches and a TD against that team - not to mention the fact Lacy is going to be back in a week or two -

Snelling? He wasn't good when he was good! - jeeez.....

Ok - off soap box - Thanks for all the donations....;)

Will
People have the same reaction every year to the first big spends (andre brown last year, mark clayton and brandon lloyd 3 years ago), then when you look back at the year there tend to be only 2 or 3 difference making free agents. as much as i completely agree with everything you said about starks and mcgahee, exactly what are you saving that money for? these players are free agents for a reason and there isn't anyone with a whole lot of credentials sitting in FA in 12-14 team leagues with 20 deep rosters.

you don't need to spend big to manage kickers/defenses/bye weeks properly, but you do to get a running back who starts a single game much less has the potential to start multiple games. can't take it with me so i'm spending it.

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:43 pm

chriseibl wrote: People have the same reaction every year to the first big spends (andre brown last year, mark clayton and brandon lloyd 3 years ago), then when you look back at the year there tend to be only 2 or 3 difference making free agents. as much as i completely agree with everything you said about starks and mcgahee, exactly what are you saving that money for? these players are free agents for a reason and there isn't anyone with a whole lot of credentials sitting in FA in 12-14 team leagues with 20 deep rosters.

you don't need to spend big to manage kickers/defenses/bye weeks properly, but you do to get a running back who starts a single game much less has the potential to start multiple games. can't take it with me so i'm spending it.

Oh man - I don't think I could possibly disagree more.

Your free agent money is not about managing kickers, defense or bye weeks. It's your only life line for a failed pick, or devastating injury. That money needs to be spent wisely. A moment will come during the season when a free agent will appear that will fill a gaping hole on your team. Not having enough to spend on that player could be devastating to your season.

Not to mention I can guarantee the second place bids for McGahee in both those instances, (931 and 727) were not even in the ball park - The money was wasted, pure and simple, on a guy who's not even currently on an NFL roster.

Mi dos centados -

Will
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:36 pm

SPEND THAT $$$ LIKE A DRUNK SAILER LOOKING FOR A DRINK AND A DATE . SPEND - SPEND AND SPEND SOME MORE . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 am

Spent $11 on Justin Forsett. Yes I'd rather have Forsett on my team than Willis McGahee.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 am

Spending on FAAB for me all comes down to NEED and the current status of my team.

For example, I spent $613 on Eddie Royal this week on a team which I started with 3 RB's who are all underachieving (TRich, Wilson (regretted it the minute I made it!), and CJ2K because...

1) My team is 0-2 and down in points.

2) I have a significant need at WR since I started with 3 RB's.

I figured why not take a shot at a guy who has scored 5 TD's in 2 weeks???? If he flops the rest of the way....oh well. If he continues to produce (not at his current level) AND my RB's start playing like they are capable, then MAYBE I can make a move.

As far as McGahee and Starks, I try to look at the talent AND the opportunity. I personally don't know if either one of these guys will be relevant in 2 weeks. Here is the downside to these guys, IMO.....

MCGAHEE

1) Hasn't even signed yet.....is there a health issue with him?
2) Why would the Giants pass on him for Jacobs?
3) Maybe the Browns offense isn't as good as we thought, as TRich wasnt good through 2 games....how will McGahee do?

STARKS

1) Has a MUCH tougher assignment this week against Cincinnati (Washington run D SUCKS!)
2) Has a bye in week 4, and Lacy should be back by then.
3) Has never done much with any opportunity he has had.

Those are the main reasons I mainly chose to save my $$$$$ for some other RB that MAY be available, along with the fact that most of my teams aren't weak at RB (one league is significantly, but Starks wasn't available, and I got outbid on McGahee).

I totally understand the concept of "you can't take it with you"......I just don't feel either of these guys will have much value in 2-3 weeks.

Just my .02

Good luck all! :D

particra

Post by particra » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 am

I'm generally not a proponent of spending $600/$700 on one guy in Week 2, but the truth is that least 80% of FAAB money is utterly, completely, entirely....wasted. This is particularly true in the Classic where you're almost always dealing with slop in FAAB and most teams have one fairly decent sized hole. In my view, it probably doesn't make a difference either way. You can waste $600 on someone now or waste $600 on a bunch of things else later (seriously, how many people have already cut someone they picked up last week?). If you're right on a guy that really helps, it pretty much doesn't matter what you spend.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 am

wiljiro wrote:
chriseibl wrote: People have the same reaction every year to the first big spends (andre brown last year, mark clayton and brandon lloyd 3 years ago), then when you look back at the year there tend to be only 2 or 3 difference making free agents. as much as i completely agree with everything you said about starks and mcgahee, exactly what are you saving that money for? these players are free agents for a reason and there isn't anyone with a whole lot of credentials sitting in FA in 12-14 team leagues with 20 deep rosters.

Your free agent money is not about managing kickers, defense or bye weeks. It's your only life line for a failed pick, or devastating injury. That money needs to be spent wisely. A moment will come during the season when a free agent will appear that will fill a gaping hole on your team. Not having enough to spend on that player could be devastating to your season.

Not to mention I can guarantee the second place bids for McGahee in both those instances, (931 and 727) were not even in the ball park - The money was wasted, pure and simple, on a guy who's not even currently on an NFL roster.

Mi dos centados -

Will
I agree that the money could be wasted on McGahee but a large bid on Starks is well worth it if you've encountered injuries at that position. Given the amount of RB's that are banged up right now, that's likely. If you are a R.Bush, SJax, or Lacy owner then the pick up of Starks, albeit maybe just for one week can fill that "gaping hole" that you reference above. Spending $500 on a guy like Starks that may get you 15 points this week could help a lot of teams this week. Like I said, it all comes down to circumstances. Some owners need help at positions more than others. I don't think you can really critique the amount spent unless you know their circumstances. Someone could choose to question your large spend to fill the gaping hole that your roster encounters later in the season just the same.
Go Big Red!

afv

Post by afv » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 am

CoMoHusker wrote:
wiljiro wrote:

Mi dos centados -

Will
I agree that the money could be wasted on McGahee but a large bid on Starks is well worth it if you've encountered injuries at that position. Given the amount of RB's that are banged up right now, that's likely. If you are a R.Bush, SJax, or Lacy owner then the pick up of Starks, albeit maybe just for one week can fill that "gaping hole" that you reference above. Spending $500 on a guy like Starks that may get you 15 points this week could help a lot of teams this week. Like I said, it all comes down to circumstances. Some owners need help at positions more than others. I don't think you can really critique the amount spent unless you know their circumstances. Someone could choose to question your large spend to fill the gaping hole that your roster encounters later in the season just the same.

agreed. i have R Bush as flex. Won Starks for $77. Decent one week flex plug and play even vs Cin PLUS optionality if he runs with the starting gig or if Lacy gets banged up again.