Week 3 Start / Sit

Diesel

Re: Week 3 Start / Sit

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:12 am

chriseibl wrote:
Diesel wrote:Glenn and Matt, thanks...For keeping me in a deadlock. :lol:

Gronk, Gordon, Blackmon, and Roddy should make for more fantasy points to go around very soon. I have Roddy all over the place, and I'm not putting him in until I see he is the Roddy I know he can be. For now, all he is doing is protecting his streak of never missing a game.
What kind of options are you starting over Roddy? I have a lot of Roddy and Blackmon as well. I was all set to start McCluster over Roddy this week but then got excited about Roddy finally practicing in limited fashion on a Thursday so took McCluster out (thank goodness).

oes Roddy practicing some on Thursday mean anything? Do you start guys like Harry Douglas, Santonio Holmes, and Brandon LaFell over Roddy? I wish Roddy could have his first good game on my bench but the teams that also drafted Blackmon have quite limited options.
I picked up Harry Douglas where I could. I didn't do much to replace Roddy because I drafted guys like Mike Williams, jeffrey(chic) and Sanu(Cincy), just for acade like this. Only problem is mike Williams did nothing in week 2 and Sanu and Jeffrey have been awful. I did also take Hartline everywhere this year too. But the 10 teamers are tough because I'm making decisions on starting people like Hartline, Steve Smith, Mike Williams...etc in that range.

I would really like Roddy back. There will be no decision. Roddy in every week. Once he is healthy. Until I see one good game from him, he's on my bench because I can't start him when the only reason he is playing is to protect his streak on not missing games.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

boli34

Post by boli34 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Flex play:

Dobson/e sanders/Austin pettis/Broyles (depending if he makes his debut)

I was leaning toward Dobson since I expect revis to guard Edelman all game and could free up Dobson. I don't trust the steelers offense for sanders right now vs a stout d. I think pettis is a sneaky play vs a somewhat leaky cowboys pass d. Broyles could be a good play if he plays vs the redskins d who everyone has ate so far this season.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:37 am

boli34 wrote:Flex play:

Dobson/e sanders/Austin pettis/Broyles (depending if he makes his debut)

I was leaning toward Dobson since I expect revis to guard Edelman all game and could free up Dobson. I don't trust the steelers offense for sanders right now vs a stout d. I think pettis is a sneaky play vs a somewhat leaky cowboys pass d. Broyles could be a good play if he plays vs the redskins d who everyone has ate so far this season.
This looks pretty ugly. I believe its between Dobson and Sanders. I wouldn't even consider Broyles or Pettis. Those rookie WRs in New England look very bad. I've watched both Pats games start to finish. I guess Dobson has a better situation. Sanders might flourish being Brown is the guy the defense will try to take away. I would start Sanders he might be the only guy who does something for Pitt. Revis I would think will be matched up with one of the outside WRs. Probably Thompkins.

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 am

WR3 is mess for me since Amendola went down...

Hankerson vs DET or V Brown vs TEN

Logic kind of says go with Brown since he's the starter but I expect a higher scoring game in WAS vs DET battle?

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 am

sit one

hopkins
m.austin
vjax

pick 2

royal
hopkins
j.jones
marlon brown
reggie wayne
lance moore
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 am

BLACKHAND wrote:sit one

hopkins
m.austin
vjax

pick 2

royal
hopkins
j.jones
marlon brown
reggie wayne
lance moore
Gotta sit the rookie or maybe Austin. definitely start Jackson. He had a 70 yard Td called back last week.

Tough picks here. Wayne has SF, is Royal for real, Jones could get 20 or zero, Brown has been solid, Moore has done Diddley. I would start Wayne and Royal. Anybody who scores 5 TDs in 2 weeks is worth a shot. Hopkins and Jones are def in the conversation though. Jones more so. Whats wrong with the Saints offense? They are over due.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:46 am

southpaw24 wrote:WR3 is mess for me since Amendola went down...

Logic kind of says go with Brown since he's the starter but I expect a higher scoring game in WAS vs DET battle?
Besides a TD Brown has done Squat. Should be a lot of points scored in that Lions/Skins game

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 am

Hankerson showed up on the injury report late this week, per Rotoworld:
Leonard Hankerson (groin) was added to the Redskins' Friday injury report and is listed as questionable for Week 3.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/642 ... -hankerson

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 am

Sandman62 wrote:

Hankerson showed up on the injury report late this week, per Rotoworld:
Leonard Hankerson (groin) was added to the Redskins' Friday injury report and is listed as questionable for Week 3.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/642 ... -hankerson
Thanks. He is active per twitter reports. Going to take a shot at him.