60 Minutes Sports On Showtime To Air Tonight

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 60 Minutes Sports On Showtime To Air Tonight

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 am

Set your DVR's for Showtime at 10 pm ET to see some the 60 Minutes Sports report on the growth of fantasy football. It will include some footage from our live drafts at the Bellagio Las Vegas and four of our NFFC Diamond League participants will be on air for a discussion on the passion of this great hobby. They include Glenn Schroter, Rob Silver, Peter Berall and Kevin Payne. Good stuff.

Can't wait to see it tonight.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:04 am

Did anyone see this piece last night and if so how did it come across? Tom and I had it on in the background as we were hosting the STATS Fantasy Advantage, but we didn't hear it at all. I did see that they interviewed Jules, Lumpy and Gerard Sambola up in our suite during the NFL Viewing Party and I saw the NFFC Diamond League participants being interviewed, but I didn't hear anything. I'll have to check it out later.

Did it come across positively for the industry?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

cass

Post by cass » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:24 am

I saw it - it was ur typical fluff piece mostly centered around Berry and how cool he thinks he is cause he "knows JayZ"...guy is such a hack it's comical. Small bit on the diamond league - but no mention of NFFC/NFBC that I heard.

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm

cass wrote:I saw it - it was ur typical fluff piece mostly centered around Berry and how cool he thinks he is cause he "knows JayZ"...guy is such a hack it's comical. Small bit on the diamond league - but no mention of NFFC/NFBC that I heard.
Basically, agree with this assessment. They were looking for quick hits. Only mention of NFFC I was on the lady's shirt entering the picks.

The lady doing the piece seemed completely out of her depth. And just assumed Berry was the god of fantasy football. Which I am sure even he wouldn't say that.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:19 pm

ChiTwn wrote:
cass wrote:I saw it - it was ur typical fluff piece mostly centered around Berry and how cool he thinks he is cause he "knows JayZ"...guy is such a hack it's comical. Small bit on the diamond league - but no mention of NFFC/NFBC that I heard.
Basically, agree with this assessment. They were looking for quick hits. Only mention of NFFC I was on the lady's shirt entering the picks.

The lady doing the piece seemed completely out of her depth. And just assumed Berry was the god of fantasy football. Which I am sure even he wouldn't say that.

NOBODY loves mathew berry more than mathew berry. the one clip of tom jackson asking him how far is he going to take this crap kinda sums up his lack of respect.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

cass

Post by cass » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:23 pm

The scariest thing about Berry is football is apparantley his "forte" and i feel like i could write his articles drunk. I'm not even going to get into his baseball knowledge...it's non existent. Yet the non NFBC/NFFC world thinks this guy is a guru... :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Well then, what did Jules or Rob Silver say on screen? I saw a lot of laughing in the Jules interview!! Forget about Matthew, let's hear what our folks had to say on air.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:05 pm

ChiTwn wrote:

I made it clear where I think he stands on the fantasy talent pecking order. That is probably why my piece wasn't used even though I spent several hours with them over three days. She couldn't believe I didn't think he was very smart:) I actually don't mind him either. Good for the industry. Just not going to help the NFFC player a whole lot.

The whole think was a bit of a joke and an epic waste of time going out of my way to help them put that piece together. Time that could have been much better used in Vegas that is for sure.

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Well then, what did Jules or Rob Silver say on screen? I saw a lot of laughing in the Jules interview!! Forget about Matthew, let's hear what our folks had to say on air.
Rob talked about his loss in the diamond championship with the near miss TD by Julio. Ouch. :(

I was not aware of that.

Definitely portrayed the group interview as normal folks following a passion. I thought they might go for the crazy fan angle, but I think they stayed closer to the middle.

I have a feeling the documentary shot by another film co. will show a much more in depth view of the fantasy/NFFC world. Those guys actually played fantasy themselves, so seemed to have a better understanding of what it was about.
That is probably why my piece wasn't used even though I spent several hours with them over three days
Yea, I was pretty surprised that didn't even use any of that. Probably didn't fit into their story line.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
ChiTwn wrote:

I made it clear where I think he stands on the fantasy talent pecking order. That is probably why my piece wasn't used even though I spent several hours with them over three days. She couldn't believe I didn't think he was very smart:) I actually don't mind him either. Good for the industry. Just not going to help the NFFC player a whole lot.

The whole think was a bit of a joke and an epic waste of time going out of my way to help them put that piece together. Time that could have been much better used in Vegas that is for sure.
Wow, that's crazy that they didn't use any of that with you Chad. Early on it sounded like they were as fascinated with you as they were with Matthew Berry. I thought you were going to be a big focus of this piece. Sorry about that.