Something's Brewin' In Chicago!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:34 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
it's just a lot to open your house to 100 people whom most you do not know.Sounds like that scene in "Trading Places" where Eddie Murphy invites all the prostitutes and criminals to his new house for a party.

Yo Daryl, where are your bitches, Mr. Big Time Pimp?
[/QUOTE]Prostitutes and criminals ... no problem ... they would feel right at home at Darryl's ... but everyone does.
Hakuna Matata!

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:59 am

I work at a Bar/Restaurant/OTB that is about 30 minutes from the Marriot Oakbrook.

I was thinking along the lines of a bus from there to the OTB for beverages and maybe a Prime Rib with Grilled Shrimp entree with garlic mashed pots and a veggie preceeded by a Caesar or Spinach salad and some sort of decadent dessert to follow. Great food and some pony action?

The restaurant is about a 20 minute bus ride from the "Boats" in Joliet. Next door to our place is one of the finer "Nightclubs" in the area and I could also work something out with them for some latenight beverages. If the group is interested I could also arrange for the bus to stop at the local ballet on the way back to Oakbrook.

There are also several options in the Oakbrook area that I could investigate if a group would want me to.

email me at: [email protected] if you are interested and share your thoughts on what you would prefer to do.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:30 am

Something along these lines sounds good to me. I know we have some pony fans in Chicago. I like the idea of the Boat!

Any chance we can get a private room in the pony bar to have a holdum tourny ... as people drop out they can play the ponys too. We would play cards with chips not cash.
Hakuna Matata!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:32 am

Count me in, Rob.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:55 am

We could definitely accomodate four tables and roughly 36 poker players in our "pool" room. It is somewhat private and has four tvs. There is also a "betting terminal" in this room.

I have the tables and chips to make this happen plus I can also get four dealers who would work for a reasonable price.

[ June 27, 2006, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm jealous, Rob!

Sounds like a great time!!!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
We could definitely accomodate four tables and roughly 36 poker players in our "pool" room. It is somewhat private and has four tvs. There is also a "betting terminal" in this room.

I have the tables and chips to make this happen plus I can also get four dealers who would work for a reasonable price. Thats fantastic! Dealers probably arn't necessary as it probably wouldn't be a big stakes tourny. maybe 20.00 to 50.00 entry. If an experienced player gets run out of the tourny ... he can always deal the final table.

I am liking this more and more ... although we should keep the Holdum low key ... That's not why we are going to the sports bar. So what is the price tag on this one.
Hakuna Matata!

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 pm

The Holdem aspect would have to be "run" by someone else if you know what I mean. I would provide the room, tables and chips and would ensure that it goes off without a hitch but I could not be party to the specifics relating to that portion of the evening.

Lance, I have been working Sunday eves again but hope to join you folks on Sunday nights very soon. Glad to see you here. Are you IN?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm

"Lance, I have been working Sunday eves again but hope to join you folks on Sunday nights very soon. Glad to see you here. Are you IN?"

I'm not IN as far as the NFFC main event (at least not this year)...but am in a small satellite with Rob Zarzycki, and plan on jumping into a high stakes/high profile satellite...if they let me and my dead money in!!!

When will Greg and Lenny create a "Clash of the Titans" satellite or live league with the best players of both leagues? ...someday!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:01 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
When will Greg and Lenny create a "Clash of the Titans" satellite or live league with the best players of both leagues? ...someday!One of the best ideas I've heard in a long time, and I'd be the first to "volunteer" my services. I guess we'd need to use a 13-team format as a compromise :D In all seriousness, this would bring tremendous national visibility to the NFFC, and would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Any thoughts, Greg?