Giants at Bears

mattjb

Giants at Bears

Post by mattjb » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Heartbreaking to see the holes for Brandon Jacobs tonight. The 16 yard carry in the 1st quarter would have been a 95 yard TD for Wilson :(

David U Kennedy

Re: Giants at Bears

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 am

I'm already down over 50 points this week :cry: . My opposition has both Brandon's. Marshal I can take but Jacobs? That guy hasn't played well in years. Down over 50 and it's not even Sunday.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:57 am

David U Kennedy wrote:I'm already down over 50 points this week :cry: . My opposition has both Brandon's. Marshal I can take but Jacobs? That guy hasn't played well in years. Down over 50 and it's not even Sunday.
The way Jacobs ran last night was almost stunning. It was as if he turned back the clock 5 years. It was exactly what the Giants needed, but Eli's 3 INTs were the difference. Jacobs was a beast and there were actually some holes for him last night. Now if that O-Line could only pass block. Crazy.

The Giants hung in there long enough to still win it at the end. You can't blame Eli for every pick this year, but that was an easy throw that he should have easily hit Meyers with. No excuse for that bad throw. A completion there and anything could have happened after the 2-minute warning.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TR

Post by TR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:I'm already down over 50 points this week :cry: . My opposition has both Brandon's. Marshal I can take but Jacobs? That guy hasn't played well in years. Down over 50 and it's not even Sunday.
The way Jacobs ran last night was almost stunning. It was as if he turned back the clock 5 years. It was exactly what the Giants needed, but Eli's 3 INTs were the difference. Jacobs was a beast and there were actually some holes for him last night. Now if that O-Line could only pass block. Crazy.

The Giants hung in there long enough to still win it at the end. You can't blame Eli for every pick this year, but that was an easy throw that he should have easily hit Meyers with. No excuse for that bad throw. A completion there and anything could have happened after the 2-minute warning.
Eli no sure thing for Hall Of Fame anymore...agree?

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 pm

TR wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Eli no sure thing for Hall Of Fame anymore...agree?
Eli is ABSOLUTELY a hall of famer. TWO super bowl MVPs and his team has had one season with a losing record, up until this year. He will be a lock for the hall of fame, when all is said and done. Amazing how people soon forget. This is the NFL and 6 games doesn't take away 2 super bowl MVPs and victories.

cass

Post by cass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Eli Manning a HOFer? haaaaaaaaa.......that's hysterical....forget about this year...u think 2 "fortunate" SB wins...and i put that nicely make u a HOFer?

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:42 pm

cass wrote:Eli Manning a HOFer? haaaaaaaaa.......that's hysterical....forget about this year...u think 2 "fortunate" SB wins...and i put that nicely make u a HOFer?
YES

TR

Post by TR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:10 pm

The Giants hung in there long enough to still win it at the end. You can't blame Eli for every pick this year, but that was an easy throw that he should have easily hit Meyers with. No excuse for that bad throw. A completion there and anything could have happened after the 2-minute warning.[/quote]

Eli no sure thing for Hall Of Fame anymore...agree?[/quote]

Eli is ABSOLUTELY a hall of famer. TWO super bowl MVPs and his team has had one season with a losing record, up until this year. He will be a lock for the hall of fame, when all is said and done. Amazing how people soon forget. This is the NFL and 6 games doesn't take away 2 super bowl MVPs and victories.[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure about that....seems the Giants defense was more valuable to those SBs and Eli made at least one very fluky play. Look at his overall body of work...he will have missed the playoffs in HALF of the 10 years he's been in league....4 out of last 5 years....and is on pace to lead the league in INTs for a THIRD time this season...that is some pretty atrocious QB play....Hall Of Fame Players in their Prime supposed to be much more consistent...not so terrible as Eli has been.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:03 pm

He has surpassed other "hall of fame" QBs such as Bob Griese and Troy Aikman, in career passing yds and TDs, while posting his best work in the playoffs, 8-3, including 2 super bowl victories and MVPs and without him, they would have never won (unlike Big Ben, whose teams won despite him)

If his career ended today, sure I guess there would be some doubt. One time super bowl MVP and maybe its a fluke, but twice? I think everyone's view of him right now is how he is playing this season. Many great QBs threw a lot of interceptions, so that doesn't mean a lot to me. He has 8 straight seasons of over 3,000 yards, while not having a losing season since his rookie year. He still has many years ahead of him. He is not the regular season QB compiler like his brother and I would never even remotely compare him to Peyton. But, when Eli's career is done, there will be little doubt. If he continues at a similar level for 5 more years, he will have 50,000 passing yards and 340 TDs. With 2 superbowl MVPs, he will be in the hall of fame easily. And this is coming from a guy who hates the Giants, but even I can't deny that Eli led his team to 2 of the most improbable super bowl victories ever and in those two years, his team was 8-0 in the playoffs, and he had 12 4th quarter comebacks.

I suppose we will see in 10 years or so.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 am

The Giants run game would be great if they played that Bears defensive line every week. The Bears D-line was decimated and had DE's playing DT. Play your RB's against the Bears!