Peyton vs. Colts!!

renman

Re: Peyton vs. Colts!!

Post by renman » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:54 pm

I think people are missing the boat on T Rich. Watched him closely last year as a Brown. Facing 8 in a box and playing hurt pretty often, he was a very physical runner who seldom went down on a first hit. He cannot be compared to to Donald Brown because Brown often gets the ball in space, on 3rd downs, in 3 wr sets where things are spread out. T Rich gets rammed up the back of the guard and center not unlike how Steven Jackson was for the last few years. The Colts have seen a ton of D Brown. Anyone who thinks Brown is better than Richardson is likely missing the boat.

Route C

Post by Route C » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 pm

I will be at the game sporting a Wayne 87 jersey and rooting hard for the home team. The 18 jersey stays in the closet for this one but I'm sure there will be support for Peyton. I'm all for honoring him "when his # is retired" but for this game I hope Colts fans are loud and proud of our 2013 team!

Colts 35
Broncos 31

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:55 pm

JETS SB wrote:Not sure what everyone else has been watching but the Broncos defense has been brutal. This will be a high scoring game and the Colts have a legit chance. Last weeks performance vs the awful Jaguars shows they have problems shutting down anyone's passing game. Granted most teams are trying to keep up with Peyton, but the Colts have weapons.
I highlighted the key words above. :P I strongly suspect things will start changing on defense this week.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:49 pm

renman wrote:I think people are missing the boat on T Rich. Watched him closely last year as a Brown. Facing 8 in a box and playing hurt pretty often, he was a very physical runner who seldom went down on a first hit. He cannot be compared to to Donald Brown because Brown often gets the ball in space, on 3rd downs, in 3 wr sets where things are spread out. T Rich gets rammed up the back of the guard and center not unlike how Steven Jackson was for the last few years. The Colts have seen a ton of D Brown. Anyone who thinks Brown is better than Richardson is likely missing the boat.
If you want to compare him to Jackson lets do that. Who were the supporting cast?? Bulger, a bad defense, and the WRs were??? Jackson still put up nice stats. Probably averaged 1400 or so yards a year. Does T-Rich come close to that this year? D. Brown plays on same team and looks better. That's only way to compare. I don't think Brown is special just looks better. Something is wrong here. Richardson sucks is easiest way to put it. Maybe he turns it around. I'm not betting on that. The fact he can't stay healthy is not an excuse it's a negative. I'm not drinking the T-Rich Kool Aid. I will go opposite with the comparison of RBs changing teams. I'm a Bills fan and watched Lynch play for my home team. He never ran like he does for Seattle. He is a totally different player. A true difference maker with the Hawks. I didn't see the same drive and nastiness from him in a Bills uniform. Richardson looks like a guy who needs everything right around him to succeed. Watch Gio Bernard this Sunday and you will see what I mean.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:49 am

SJax had the benefit of full off-season training on one team.

And Lynch? He was traded on 10/5/10. For the rest of that season, he averaged 3.3 YPC.
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... hawn-lynch

TRich may suck or he may not. But I don't think we can judge such a young player on just this so far. And Lynch is a great example of why.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:47 am

I didn't draft T-Rich anywhere this year but that was based on his injury history. I did think coming in to this season he was a talented guy. I figured injury would hold him back. Now what I see on the field isn't a good product and he should have enough around him to succeed. As far as Lynch goes Seattle was a pretty bad team when he arrived there. Im just guessing here but Lynch probably had some really good runs that year. I haven't seen one good run from Richardson this year. Maybe he turns it around he is young. I just don't see explosion like Bernard has. You should see him escape the line once in a while.

particra

Post by particra » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:31 pm

I feel pretty confident in my conclusion that RIchardson blows

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:47 pm

I think the Colts would like to undo that trade.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Take Hillman out back and shoot him.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 pm

mattjb wrote:Take Hillman out back and shoot him.
He seriously may be a healthy inactive next week. Dude fumbles every week.