Injuries

chriseibl

Re: Injuries

Post by chriseibl » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 am

JETS SB wrote:
Rog wrote:Was 2nd in my primetime in points and record, Just put up an impressive 69 pt due to injury or ineffectivness. There is no way to recover from that this far into the season. NOW I AM DONE
Rog, ABSOLUTELY you can recover from one bad week. You can still get into the playoffs and that is all that matters.. Anyone could win the overall, at that point. I don't think I need to tell you to stay positive, my friend.... :D
+1, had a team put up 69 last week then 173 this week and we're right back where we were before.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:17 am

And it gets better........

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Wait to see what kind of *hit people are carting out the next 3 weeks!!! :shock:

particra

Post by particra » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 am

I'm fully prepared for Adrian Peterson to tear his ACL while being tackled near the Giants sideline and somehow decapitating Victor Cruz in the process.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am

Rog wrote:Was 2nd in my primetime in points and record, Just put up an impressive 69 pt due to injury or ineffectivness. There is no way to recover from that this far into the season. NOW I AM DONE
I feel your pain Roger. I've been hanging in by a thread in the Ultimate. Wayne going down effectively ends my season. I went safe with Roddy White / Reggie Wayne in rounds 3 and 4, I was screwed from the get go. Time for a break. Baseball prep will start mid-January this year!!
Joe

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 am

I just went back to check the draft of my Home league -

The most amazing part of this is that I am 4-3 - and hanging around -

1 - CJ Spill
2 - Julio Jones
3 - Shane Vereen
4 - D Thomas (Yay!)
5 - Colston
6 - Miles Austin

Only one out of my top six are producing..... Unbelievable -

BTW - in case you are wondering - Woodhead, Moreno, Rivers (And now this week Harry Douglas and Boykin) - are saving my butt -

What a year....

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 am

BillyWaz wrote:And it gets better........

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Wait to see what kind of *hit people are carting out the next 3 weeks!!! :shock:
Don't remind me!! 6 players on Bye this upcoming week and I might be starting Kendall Hunter and Mohammed Sanu :lol:

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 am

Coach JP wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:And it gets better........

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Don't remind me!! 6 players on Bye this upcoming week and I might be starting Kendall Hunter and Mohammed Sanu :lol:
Lol. I have both Kendall and Sanu on my bench in Cutline leagues as well. At least Kendall is loved by Locker. May very well deserve a weekly spot in your lineups as a WR3/Flex as it is. Sanu, on the other hand, is the equivalent, right now, of a WR20.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 am

dabird777 wrote: Lol. I have both Kendall and Sanu on my bench in Cutline leagues as well. At least Kendall is loved by Locker. May very well deserve a weekly spot in your lineups as a WR3/Flex as it is. Sanu, on the other hand, is the equivalent, right now, of a WR20.
I start Kendall Wright with confidence each week -- however, I said Kendall Hunter. Much different :D

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Honestly this year is making me rethink playing this game I love. I know every team is getting hit but it's just been terrible. As someone else in this thread said about QB's going out early in games and leaving you with a goose egg (or worse -0.6 from Cutler this week) :evil:
In the Diamond league I drafted RGiii and Cutler. Well come RGiii's bye week I pick up Hoyer because I like his matchup better and boom first series he leaves me with a 2.6 from the QB spot. Somehow I scrape together a week of 144 points still. Whew disaster averted! This week I start Cutler over RGiii because he's been producing and I get a kick to the gnads with Cutler going down after throwing a pick that should be given to Alshon Jeffery! RGiii? Yeah he scored 33.something. So that and the week 5 Hoyer week when Cutler had 30 points puts me 63 points behind where I should be in the standings!
Nothing I can do about it and I'm not second guessing because in my mind I know I made solid calls for solid reasons on both plays. It just sucks!

My 2nd and 3rd round picks (D. Wilson and S. Jax) haven't played or produced at RB so I've been running with J. Rodgers, Tate & Pierce at RB. It is ugly and somehow I still have a fighting/slim chance to get hot and make the playoffs. Mostly because everyones rosters are slammed with big injuries too.

Hasn't been a very fun season this year and I don't see it improving with as many injuries as we've seen I'm sure there's a lot more waiting around the corner...
Pat Sorge

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Coach JP wrote:
dabird777 wrote: Lol. I have both Kendall and Sanu on my bench in Cutline leagues as well. At least Kendall is loved by Locker. May very well deserve a weekly spot in your lineups as a WR3/Flex as it is. Sanu, on the other hand, is the equivalent, right now, of a WR20.
I start Kendall Wright with confidence each week -- however, I said Kendall Hunter. Much different :D
Ah LOL. Sometimes it's hard to believe there are two guys named Kendall in the NFL. I missed that one. :oops: I saw the name Kendall and was only thinking about the important one ha ha.