Week 8 NFFC Primetime Adds

Coach JP

Re: Week 8 NFFC Primetime Adds

Post by Coach JP » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:08 am

Money wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I'm shocked he's allowed to be added after being dropped.
Just curious, who did the owner pick up, when he dropped RG3?
You don't want to know. I'm not sure if it's within the fantasy world etiquette to divulge details within leagues. I'm not up on whats in or out. In his defense RG III is the 14 ranked passer.
To be fair he had a bye, he's 10th overall in PPG at QB.

I don't think it's collusion, but these types of moves are something that should be watched with a close eye.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 am

Just to be fair, I could see dropping RG3 if I had Aaron Rodgers, who has already had his BYE week. I'm starting Rodgers over RG3 every week anyway so if there's a player that can fill a void on my team, I'd dump RG3. We could see a lot of QB dumping going forward as the elite QB's get through their BYE weeks.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 am

Any chance we can move beyond the hypothetical and someone actually specify:
- What other QBs were on this roster?
- What other players were on the roster that might've been obvious drops before RGIII?

Money

Post by Money » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:53 am

Sandman62 wrote:Any chance we can move beyond the hypothetical and someone actually specify:
- What other players were on the roster that might've been obvious drops before RGIII?
OK, I'm in this league, if you were to follow the league through the overall standings page you could find out on your own that this team is 3-4 and in 10th place in points in that league. The team that picked him up is 3-4 and is last in the league in points. That should end any conspiracy theories.

By clicking on his team you can also see that his QB is now Michael Vick. The QB attained and since dropped is accessible through the drops and add pages from the last two weeks. The guys team is struggling (like mine) and he decided to take a shot and drop a 14th ranked QB on its' by week in week 7. I don't see the harm.

It turned out to be a bad play, most desperation plays usually are. The team is still trying and hope will continue to do so right until the end.
Last edited by Money on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:57 am

Very well. Thank you for the info - without which, things obviously weren't so clear.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Even weirder to me as when RG3 was dropped Vick was hurt and people were talking about it being Foles job for the rest of the year. And as probably the biggest Vick owner on this site I have NO DOUBT he could go down at ANY second (including getting out of the shower lol!). I'm not saying collusion, just an odd decision to me. I cant even count the number of teams I've had get hot from this point on and make it in, just have to get to 3rd place, not first. Then, anything can happen!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Guys:

This isn't collusion. People use that word way too much. Please stop. It has NEVER happened. I sat right next to this owner at the draft and I have absolutely no reason to believe anything inappropriate is happening. RG3 had been underperforming for 6 weeks before last week, and an impatient owner could have had enough.

But because some guys like to get crazy about these things, let me throw some chum into the water and watch the sharks foam up a bit. The same guy dropped Doug Martin this week. :twisted:

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Money wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:Any chance we can move beyond the hypothetical and someone actually specify:
OK, I'm in this league, if you were to follow the league through the overall standings page you could find out on your own that this team is 3-4 and in 10th place in points in that league. The team that picked him up is 3-4 and is last in the league in points. That should end any conspiracy theories.

By clicking on his team you can also see that his QB is now Michael Vick. The QB attained and since dropped is accessible through the drops and add pages from the last two weeks. The guys team is struggling (like mine) and he decided to take a shot and drop a 14th ranked QB on its' by week in week 7. I don't see the harm.

It turned out to be a bad play, most desperation plays usually are. The team is still trying and hope will continue to do so right until the end.
Strangely enough, there are no week 7 primetime drops listed on the boards from that period showing RG3 being dropped. So, none of us had the ability to question the move when it happened. At the time, if he dropped Michael Vick, it would have been more understandable. But as you said, both teams are far out of it, but that doesnt mean that this move shouldnt have been debated and unfortunately, since there was no way for anyone to know he was dropped other than those in that league, its incurable.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:36 pm

The team who picked up RG3 is 3-4 and last in points. Not much to debate.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:54 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:The team who picked up RG3 is 3-4 and last in points. Not much to debate.
That's not the point at all