Injuries

Ry's Guys

Re: Injuries

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:50 am

BillyWaz wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Does anyone wonder why there are so many devastating injuries in the pro game this year and yet fewer similar injuries in the college game? I mean, think about it, look at all the college games this weekend and for the most part throughout much of this year, and you aren't seeing the superstars going down in the college game like you do in the pro game. You also don't have all of these hamstring, groin, abdominal injuries in the college game that you're seeing in the pro game.

Maybe it's an unusual year, but there's something about the NFL that is so unlike what you're seeing anywhere else. It's a physical sport, I get that, and there are injuries in high school and college. But the NFL is losing major superstars each week on big hits, but also on non-hits. What is it about the NFL that is causing all of these injuries? Just bigger athletes and bigger collisions? More inside plays and thus more inside collisions?

I don't have the answers, but when people are asking for radical answers to change the game maybe it's not the game itself. Maybe it's the way the NFL is playing it. I don't know, but the college game isn't seeing the same number of injuries, whereas the NFL has 192 players on IR in Week 7 compared to 100 last year at this time. Something's not right.

Carry on, but if you have any answers let us know. Maybe I'm off base with the comparison of the NFL to college injuries, but you're not seeing college players being carted off like we are in the NFL. Something is going on here that hopefully changes.
Performance enhancers......period.

I think there are so many ways to mask these in the NFL, but I am sure it is costly. I don't think nearly as many use them in the college game due to cost, and the many of the stars in college can dominate at that level without an "advantage". Not saying that they aren't used in college, just not near the amount as in the pros.

When you have millions of dollars and know others are using "stuff" to be bigger, stronger, faster, etc. and aren't getting caught, why wouldn't you use it too? I think it performance enhancers put a strain on tendons, muscles, bones, etc. which causes these body parts to "break down" easier.

Just my opinion. ;)
+1 You said it I've been thinking it for a couple years and this year it seems to have come to a head. Should be an interesting offseason. They (Goodell) has to understand it isn't good for HIS game. Also should take a look at those damn Thursday night games too!!! :)
Pat Sorge