Cutline question

BillyWaz

Cutline question

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:49 am

Just so I am reading the rules correctly.....

2 teams make it to the championship bracket, and 3 make it to the wild card round (and this is the same as the consolation round, yes?). The other 5 teams are done for the year......is that correct?

I get all the "cut off" stuff, just making sure I understand this.

The cutline is a really neat concept, and I think it can be even BETTER and BIGGER in 2014!

Thanks! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Cutline question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:14 am

BillyWaz wrote:Just so I am reading the rules correctly.....

2 teams make it to the championship bracket, and 3 make it to the wild card round (and this is the same as the consolation round, yes?). The other 5 teams are done for the year......is that correct?

I get all the "cut off" stuff, just making sure I understand this.

The cutline is a really neat concept, and I think it can be even BETTER and BIGGER in 2014!

Thanks! :D
Correct on all. The Wild Card is really the Consolation Round, but we called it the Wild Card because those teams can still find a way to sneak back into the Championship Round. The 5 other teams are done after Week 9.

Should be fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 am

Greg just a heads up your rules page isn't visible for the cutline here:

http://nffc.stats.com/football/leagues/ ... crules.asp

It's a unique setup, but do think the schedule needs to be looked at a little closer. I get that we want to make it exciting and have the cuts, but is there a reason for a championship round for weeks 10-12? Was this just done to make it so that every team plays each other once, thus a 9 game schedule?

10 of 32 nfl teams will be on bye during the championship round, which is almost as bad as playing fantasy football week 17 for a title. Having the cuts be week 13/14/15 and then the title week 16 seems like a good direction, especially since that gives people who miss the playoffs an extra 3 weeks out of their money. Just my two cents.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 am

Coach JP wrote:Greg just a heads up your rules page isn't visible for the cutline here:

It's a unique setup, but do think the schedule needs to be looked at a little closer. I get that we want to make it exciting and have the cuts, but is there a reason for a championship round for weeks 10-12? Was this just done to make it so that every team plays each other once, thus a 9 game schedule?

10 of 32 nfl teams will be on bye during the championship round, which is almost as bad as playing fantasy football week 17 for a title. Having the cuts be week 13/14/15 and then the title week 16 seems like a good direction, especially since that gives people who miss the playoffs an extra 3 weeks out of their money. Just my two cents.
I agree with this as well. I have a lot of suggestions for this contest next year that will hopefully make it better. Just to be clear I think the concept is OUTSTANDING, as being the only contest with this format and the price point along with limited FAAB is a MAJOR DRAW IMO. The sky is the limit! :D

An easy fix for this is "all play" for 3 weeks at the beginning of the season (we already do it in the 12 team format for 2 weeks). Then again making the cutline a 12 team contest with ONE week of "all play" would be my preference. :D

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 am

Is the $250 league champion determined by total points or w/l record?

jaked2782

Post by jaked2782 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:34 am

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 am

Coach JP wrote:Greg just a heads up your rules page isn't visible for the cutline here:

We combined Weeks 10-12 into one "Cut" because there are so many byes. If we had individual byes each of those weeks it wouldn't be fair, but a three-week total seemed like the fairest way to handle this. We didn't even feel right doing an 11-week regular season with so many teams on Bye in Week 12. It wouldn't be fair to have a money round just in Week 12.

Sure, we're open for any suggestions to improve the Cutline. We know that in Weeks 10-12 it won't have that immediate feel of being on the cutline, but the byes created that. In Weeks 13 through 16, you'll get that adrenaline rush of trying to survive above the cutline.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius