incognito

jnugget

Re: incognito

Post by jnugget » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Kinda what I was thinking...

"Sources say that communication took place when Martin skipped two days of the team's OTA program, and Incognito was encouraged by his coaches to make a call that would "get him into the fold," one source said.

Even though OTA workouts are voluntary, the NFL culture forces coaches to strong arm the team's leaders to make sure everyone attends. Sources say Incognito was doing his job, but they admit he crossed the line."

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 am

Total mess for us. Philbin has never struck me as a leader and this is going to hurt him when the dust settles I believe.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:01 am

mattjb wrote:Total mess for us. Philbin has never struck me as a leader and this is going to hurt him when the dust settles I believe.
Plain and simple: It's impossible to think that management didn't know the culture of its own locker room. Everyone in management should be held accountable here. They brought in this thug when other teams passed on him, they called him a leader of their franchise knowing he was a ticking time bomb, and they didn't even police their own squad. Everyone from the GM to every coach on this team deserves punishment that could and probably should be a firing.

He was nothing more than a bully and he was allowed to remain a bully. Remember, this is an offensive line that gave up the most QB sacks in the league. They didn't get along together, they didn't communicate well together, they didn't play well together. Any surprise by that after hearing how they treated each other? If this guy was such a tough guy, why didn't he just take out his aggressions on the opposing team and find a way to be brothers with his offensive linemen? Why is he tormenting someone he's going to battle with every week? And don't give me this crap about rooking hazing; this was the kid's second season and the bully still kept after him, calling him "Big Weirdo" because he was Stanford smart. And you're telling me the coaches didn't see the friction between these two guys?

Incognito is a thug, a racist, a jerk, a teammate for a losing team. He's getting what he deserves. And for Mike Wallace and other teammates not to have an issue with the N-word being thrown out is ridiculous. There's no place for that in 2013. Throw Incognito out of the league and let him become a bar room bouncer for the rest of his life.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 am

Two things that have come out on this, to bring light to the reasoning. First, its being said that coaches went to Incognito and he was told to "toughen Martin up". If that's the case and that is brought out to be true, the coaching staff will all be fired. Second, the Dolphin players that have spoken about the event are in defense of Incognito. At this point, there is more that we don't know here. Yes incognito is bad news... But the way this is playing out and what others are saying, this could be a huge issue down the line for coaches and players in the NFL. Forcing rookies to buy dinners, dunking guys in cold tubs, etc, will be eliminated as well. No hazing will be tolerated. Which is actually not a big deal, in my mind, but initiation activities will be scrutinized from here forward.
Last edited by JETS SB on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:23 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mattjb wrote:Incognito is a thug, a racist, a jerk, a teammate for a losing team. He's getting what he deserves. And for Mike Wallace and other teammates not to have an issue with the N-word being thrown out is ridiculous. There's no place for that in 2013. Throw Incognito out of the league and let him become a bar room bouncer for the rest of his life.
And the guy next to him, Pouncey, might be even worse.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 am

I was thinking about that yesterday. As bad as this whole Incongnito mess is, we don't know how bad it could get for Pouncey. That could make all of this stuff look like child's play.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 pm

"On this episode of 'As the Dolphins Turn,' watch as the entire coaching staff and front-office are dragged out of the building as they are fired, to the tune of circus music.

Later, watch their reaction to being named defendants in a massive civil suit.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:24 pm

dabird777 wrote:"On this episode of 'As the Dolphins Turn,' watch as the entire coaching staff and front-office are dragged out of the building as they are fired, to the tune of circus music.

Later, watch their reaction to being named defendants in a massive civil suit.
Definitely the makings of a pretty interesting TV movie..

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Philbin press conference - worst job of saying nothing and evading questions that I can remember. Didn't give the impression he could lead a boy scout troop.

Tannehill sounded like a PR professional by comparison.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mattjb wrote:Total mess for us. Philbin has never struck me as a leader and this is going to hurt him when the dust settles I believe.
Plain and simple: It's impossible to think that management didn't know the culture of its own locker room. Everyone in management should be held accountable here. They brought in this thug when other teams passed on him, they called him a leader of their franchise knowing he was a ticking time bomb, and they didn't even police their own squad. Everyone from the GM to every coach on this team deserves punishment that could and probably should be a firing.

He was nothing more than a bully and he was allowed to remain a bully. Remember, this is an offensive line that gave up the most QB sacks in the league. They didn't get along together, they didn't communicate well together, they didn't play well together. Any surprise by that after hearing how they treated each other? If this guy was such a tough guy, why didn't he just take out his aggressions on the opposing team and find a way to be brothers with his offensive linemen? Why is he tormenting someone he's going to battle with every week? And don't give me this crap about rooking hazing; this was the kid's second season and the bully still kept after him, calling him "Big Weirdo" because he was Stanford smart. And you're telling me the coaches didn't see the friction between these two guys?

Incognito is a thug, a racist, a jerk, a teammate for a losing team. He's getting what he deserves. And for Mike Wallace and other teammates not to have an issue with the N-word being thrown out is ridiculous. There's no place for that in 2013. Throw Incognito out of the league and let him become a bar room bouncer for the rest of his life.
+1!!!