I guess I have to ask

ForLoveOfTheGame

I guess I have to ask

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 pm

After the RG3 thread I have to ask. This is going to be allowed???

Online Championship Drops:
Darren Sproles (NO) Online Championship Aug 22 10:00 pm Lg.9227
Darren Sproles (NO) Online Championship Sep 02 10:00 pm Lg.9108

I'm guessing it has something to do with that nice red IR to his name that says he is out for the year? This is EXACTLY why I posted those few times in the RG3 thread, as I don't think this is ok... he's a 2nd round ADP player for Christ's sake! :o

E2A

Re: I guess I have to ask

Post by E2A » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:55 pm

He has to be locked to prevent potential collusion issues. I don't care that he has been a disappointment. Any player drafted in the 1st 3 rounds of a draft should not be allowed to be dropped in a national contest. I saw doug martin dropped and I disagreed with that too. If this is not addressed, it threatens the integrity of the contest. The other national contest reviews all drops and locks the players that obviously shouldn't be dropped to protect the overall contest.
Last edited by E2A on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 pm

E2A wrote:He has to be locked to prevent potential collusion issues. I don't care that he has been a disappointment. Any player drafted in the 1st 3 rounds of a draft should not be allowed to be dropped in a national contest. I saw doug martin dropped and I disagreed with that too. If this is not addressed, it threatens the integrity of the contest. The other national contest reviews all drops and locks the players the obviously shouldn't be dropped to protect the overall contest.
I agree with Sproles, but completely disagree with D.Martin.

He is going to be on IR VERY soon, and all those people who dumoed $100-200 on him in FAAB are the ones who will pay the price for that.

Greg Schiano is quite possibly the biggest jackass that has EVER been a head coach in the NFL.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
E2A wrote:He has to be locked to prevent potential collusion issues. I don't care that he has been a disappointment. Any player drafted in the 1st 3 rounds of a draft should not be allowed to be dropped in a national contest. I saw doug martin dropped and I disagreed with that too. If this is not addressed, it threatens the integrity of the contest. The other national contest reviews all drops and locks the players the obviously shouldn't be dropped to protect the overall contest.
I agree with Sproles, but completely disagree with D.Martin.

He is going to be on IR VERY soon, and all those people who dumoed $100-200 on him in FAAB are the ones who will pay the price for that.

Greg Schiano is quite possibly the biggest jackass that has EVER been a head coach in the NFL.

how do you REALLY feel about schiano , billy. :)

sproles has to be locked. think in the future all first and second round picks should be locked so we dont have to make judgement calls. names can be added to the list also.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I fully agree. At the minimum all 1st and 2nd round picks should be locked. The exception would be if they are placed on season ending IR.
Go Big Red!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm

It would be a tough call for guys like Cobb and Martin though. The return IR guys. Are they worth keeping?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Maybe they should be droppable, but just not allow anyone to pick them up? I mean, the real problem is someone else potentially getting them; we don't REALLY care if someone wants to dump what we think is a good player for someone they like better. We just don't want anyone else to benefit from it.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:46 pm

The real issue here is the IR next to his name on the player list. When Tom was asked this he referenced the red cross - it's not a red cross on the player list it's the letters IR which is completely false. I personally have no issue with him being dropped or picked up - but you have to believe that IR has played a part in him being dropped.

I've said before that the NFFC player news is basically worthless - either try and be the best at something or just let people get their information elsewhere. These sporadic player updates (and in this instance incorrect injury status) are not benefiting the NFFC product.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 pm

mattjb wrote:The real issue here is the IR next to his name on the player list. When Tom was asked this he referenced the red cross - it's not a red cross on the player list it's the letters IR which is completely false. I personally have no issue with him being dropped or picked up - but you have to believe that IR has played a part in him being dropped.

I've said before that the NFFC player news is basically worthless - either try and be the best at something or just let people get their information elsewhere. These sporadic player updates (and in this instance incorrect injury status) are not benefiting the NFFC product.
Agreed.....they should be completely removed.

INSTEAD....when a player is on bye, that should be in capital letters and in RED. ;)

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.36.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.36.07 PM.png (10.99 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.44.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 10.44.07 PM.png (8.53 KiB) Viewed 2780 times