R11 P13 RB Deuce McAllister, NO (9)
R12 P2 WR Josh Morgan, SF (9)
R13 P13 TE Alge Crumpler, TEN (6)
R14 P2 DEF New England Patriots, NE (4)
R15 P13 K Stephen Gostkowski, NE (4)
R16 P2 WR Donnie Avery, STL (5)
R17 P13 RB LaMont Jordan, NE (4)
R18 P2 WR Limas Sweed, PIT (6)

little light at wr but if turner has a nice year i think i could be reasonably strong

David U. Kennedy

thoughts on my draft?

Post by David U. Kennedy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:28 am

I like your team should be competitive. Not sure about your Qbs. Your Qbs will determine the fate of your team. One mistake I think you did make is going too RB heavy early. Not sure who was there for you but I would have taken 1 or two more WRs Early. Lets say S. Smith or Welker in 2nd and Calvin Johnson or Holmes in 3rd or 4th. Like the Josh Morgan pick.

David U. Kennedy

thoughts on my draft?

Post by David U. Kennedy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:30 am

P.S. I think Turner has mostly gone late 3rd early 4th. You may have been a little jumpy on that pick

TURBOUGH

thoughts on my draft?

Post by TURBOUGH » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:52 am

Gotta be honest with ya....don't like it much.

After your top three RB's, no depth at all. Vernon Davis has done nothing but do like the Crumpler pick. Morgan, way too soon IMO.

Like your second QB (Rodgers) more than Rivers. I think you'll end up in the middle of the pack.

Just wondering who was there at 2.13 & 3.2

Jersey Dawg

thoughts on my draft?

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 am

I think this is a 3RR draft. I assume his round 3 pick was 3.11 -

I agree with those thinking mid-pack team. Nothing special at WR. Williams might be 2nd on his team in receptions and TD's.

Pete

Ted's Cracked Head

thoughts on my draft?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:00 am

Even with The Burner going off the term "reasonable strong" does not come to mind.

Take a look at which wrs were available when you took Graham and I think you will find a couple who would be upgrades to having Driver as your #2. VJax as your #3 is questionable and the other wrs are all darts that may or may not hit the board.

You might also find a better qb in the 7th instead of Davis who I wouldn't want as my starting TE if my WRs and QB are weak.

Otherwise, nice draft. Are you coming to Chicago?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

pancho11

thoughts on my draft?

Post by pancho11 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:02 am

Appreciate the feedback

I have always liked the idea of 2 mid pack qbs with high end potential over picking a qb early -- I think chances are between rivers and rogers i will have one top ten qb its just a matter of identifying it early enough -- last year i hit paydirt pickin ben late in most of my leagues as a backup and he was starting pretty quick

My WR are light but i think williams will certainly be solid and if driver is decent i just need one of jackson rice or morgan to have a big year ---- i question my graham pick some but i like the idea of having a safety net at rb because its so much harder to fill faab wise then wr

It was 3RR

rkulaski

thoughts on my draft?

Post by rkulaski » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:22 am

It might be just me, but I had a hard time finding good WRs during FAAB last year. There seemed to be a RB every week at the beginning and middle of the season- D Ward, Watson, R Grant, Stecker, P Thomas, E Graham, J Chatman... I think most if not all were undrafted. Of course there were WRs on FAAB and I just wasn't fortunate enough to grab a good one but my point is it seems like there were lots of RBs to be had last year in free agency...

As for the team,
There are some holes - possibly TE, average WR corps. Even M Turner is no guarantee. He doesn't catch many passes and could be a 12pt producer each week. Is that enough from a rd 2 pick? Of course if A Rodgers pans out and V Davis lives up to his talent, who knows? And all it takes is 1 good player to pickup in free agency to give your team that edge.

Eddiejag

thoughts on my draft?

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:53 am

Not a bad team but agree with some Turner in the 2nd is high , i like Turner more late 3 or the 4th round.Actually like Graham where you got him and you should be solid at running back.I would rather have Charles Johnson then Roy Williams.Why so high on Vincent Jackson ive seen him more in the 9th round.
I like both qb's and maybe one break's out.
good luck
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!