Nothing more annoying than...

BigBlueNation

Re: Nothing more annoying than...

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:54 am

I expressed my displeasure with the online league payouts at the end of last year, and it fell on deaf ears. As a result, I didn't participate in it this year.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 am

BigBlueNation wrote:I expressed my displeasure with the online league payouts at the end of last year, and it fell on deaf ears. As a result, I didn't participate in it this year.
If people believe that the Online Championship can be an even bigger success by adding a third playoff team like we've done in the NFFC Primetime, we'll definitely consider it. There already are a lot of teams in the Championship Round, but adding 2nd highest points isn't a bad idea. We're open to it.

Bill, nobody pays more within the league at this $350 level than us and we raised 1st place to $1,500 this year and second place is $700. Not a single person acknowledged that as a plus to this contest and thus we wonder if putting the extra $100 there instead of to the overall was a wise decision. We will think this one through for 2014.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 pm

I guess I need some clarification on the rules. As I understand it, the team with the most points and best record wins the $1500 but if one team has most points and another has best record then they both get $700 and play for three weeks to decide the winner of the other $800 and the title of league champ. The rules state that 2nd place goes to the team with the 2nd most points behind league champ. So in this scenario, if the team with the most wins would out score the team with the most total points in week 14-16, then the team with the most wins would be considered league champ? Would the total points leader thru 13 weeks then get 2nd place and another $700? I guess I'm just looking for interpretation of the rules pasted below.

The reason I ask is I'm in a league where I'm currenlty 2nd in points but fourth in record.

Thanks to anyone that can help answer my question.

"First Place: $1,500 (most total points + best h2h record if one team wins both; if teams split the two top spots, then each team will earn $700 and play a three-week tiebreaker in Weeks 14-16 with the team scoring most total points during those three weeks earning the remaining $800 and being named league champ)
Second Place: $700 (most total points following league champ)"
Go Big Red!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:40 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:I guess I need some clarification on the rules. As I understand it, the team with the most points and best record wins the $1500 but if one team has most points and another has best record then they both get $700 and play for three weeks to decide the winner of the other $800 and the title of league champ. The rules state that 2nd place goes to the team with the 2nd most points behind league champ. So in this scenario, if the team with the most wins would out score the team with the most total points in week 14-16, then the team with the most wins would be considered league champ? Would the total points leader thru 13 weeks then get 2nd place and another $700? I guess I'm just looking for interpretation of the rules pasted below.

The reason I ask is I'm in a league where I'm currenlty 2nd in points but fourth in record.

Thanks to anyone that can help answer my question.

"First Place: $1,500 (most total points + best h2h record if one team wins both; if teams split the two top spots, then each team will earn $700 and play a three-week tiebreaker in Weeks 14-16 with the team scoring most total points during those three weeks earning the remaining $800 and being named league champ)
Second Place: $700 (most total points following league champ)"
The rules above are just for the 2 teams that make the playoffs. With the 2nd place part meaning, the team that doesn't score the most in the 3 week playoff gets $700 (if it wasn't already decided through 13 weeks).

As for your scenario......you are screwed unless you can win total points. Only best record and tops in points get in the playoffs, and only those two are eligible to win $1500 or $700.

There of course is consolation $$$$$, but that isn't what you were referring to.

Good luck!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

He can still get in as a wildcard, Billy. Unless they changed the rules. He's out of the running for the league $$ but still in it for overall $$ as long as he's in top 15% or so.

My online team was a wildcard last year (missed the league points title by 1 point on a stat correction!!!) and I wound up getting in as a wild card and cashing.

Jaryd
Last edited by Coach JP on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soupdog1

Post by Soupdog1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Cocktails, totally agree with your solution. Simple and fair.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Coach JP wrote:He can still get in as a wildcard, Billy. Unless they changed the rules. He's out of the running for the league $$ but still in it for overall $$ as long as he's in top 15% or so.

My online team was a wildcard last year (missed the league points title by 1 point on a stat correction!!!) and I wound up getting in as a wild card and cashing.

Jaryd
Agreed.....meant he was screwed for the 2nd or 3rd place league $$$.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:I expressed my displeasure with the online league payouts at the end of last year, and it fell on deaf ears. As a result, I didn't participate in it this year.
If people believe that the Online Championship can be an even bigger success by adding a third playoff team like we've done in the NFFC Primetime, we'll definitely consider it. There already are a lot of teams in the Championship Round, but adding 2nd highest points isn't a bad idea. We're open to it.

Bill, nobody pays more within the league at this $350 level than us and we raised 1st place to $1,500 this year and second place is $700. Not a single person acknowledged that as a plus to this contest and thus we wonder if putting the extra $100 there instead of to the overall was a wise decision. We will think this one through for 2014.
Greg, I'm not referring to how much you pay to each league, my complaint last year was geared to restructuring the $$$ and allowing more teams in the individual league playoffs. If I remember correctly, I had the second best record and second most points and got zilch. I qualified for the overall and finished in the top 40. The two teams that cashed in on all the money in the league finished a lot lower than me in the overall. In essence, I had the best team in the league over 16 weeks, and got zero $$.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

particra

Post by particra » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't want a 3rd place team in the online championship. With a 15% WC threshold, virtually any team that truly deserves to be in is in.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 pm

particra wrote:I don't want a 3rd place team in the online championship. With a 15% WC threshold, virtually any team that truly deserves to be in is in.

Works some of the time, mostly in less competitive league. Large variances in how easy that is to do from league to league though. The tougher leagues no team meets that threshold. 2nd best team in a tough league is not deserving in your opinion because the matchups were quirky?