Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

David U Kennedy

Re: Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Crap, there goes my entire understanding of fantasy football.[/quote]
We were debating if he is being over targeted not your FF understanding. I just think he is getting lucky with targets and bad defense. You can have him in the first round next year not me.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Gordon worries me for a lot of reasons. Not just his possible suspension, but we don't know that his QB next year will lock on to him like Weeden has. I"m not scared of taking him but I would rather have safer options like AJ, Dez, Julio, and Demaryius.

How have your fantasy teams done this year David? I know that we looked at a few things a bit different this past off season. I can't even remember what they were lol. Are you having a good 2013 in FF?

Wayne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Gordon worries me for a lot of reasons. Not just his possible suspension, but we don't know that his QB next year will lock on to him like Weeden has. I"m not scared of taking him but I would rather have safer options like AJ, Dez, Julio, and Demaryius.

How have your fantasy teams done this year David? I know that we looked at a few things a bit different this past off season. I can't even remember what they were lol. Are you having a good 2013 in FF?

Wayne
Mixed bag this year. Im leading the Beckett Mag League and my OC teams just missed. A lot of 3rd and 4th place finishes. Winning all my local leagues. You were right about Antonio Brown this year. WRs might make a comeback for first round consideration next year. You winning more than losing this year brother?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:42 pm

I"m probably having my best year ever. In my 14 leagues, I think I'll end up with a 7-6 record for my worst team. First in 2 dynasty leagues and playoffs in all 4. First in FFPC, First in one Kentucky league and and if Pierre scores I'll have another first. won 1/3 of my nffc onlines. FFWC main I made the playoffs on points. My favorite team was my ffpc main #2. I started Martin, Wilson, and Cobb and barley missed the playoffs. It's fun taking teams that are decimated and trying to make something out of them. And Antonio Brown hasn't been hurting me....lol.

Wayne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Coltsfan wrote:I"m probably having my best year ever. In my 14 leagues, I think I'll end up with a 7-6 record for my worst team. First in 2 dynasty leagues and playoffs in all 4. First in FFPC, First in one Kentucky league and and if Pierre scores I'll have another first. won 1/3 of my nffc onlines. FFWC main I made the playoffs on points. My favorite team was my ffpc main #2. I started Martin, Wilson, and Cobb and barley missed the playoffs. It's fun taking teams that are decimated and trying to make something out of them. And Antonio Brown hasn't been hurting me....lol.

Wayne
In my Best OC team league I was 3rd in points going into this week missing second by 18 points. Nelson Sousa lead the league in wins and Points by 70 something. Well after tonight Sousa lost the points lead and best record. I will end up fourth. Things turned around huge in one week. Josh Gordon factored greatly. I've never seen a bigger turn around. Graham and Brees just turned the league upside down tonight. What a finish. I'm glad you did well this year Wayne!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Okay, Tom and I want to talk about 2014 on our SiriusXM show tomorrow night. Let's see some first round predictions for next season if we were hosting a draft right now. Can we see 10-14 names for Round 1? I dare ya to give us a look and we'll even mention your picks on the air if we like what we see. ;) Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:I'm a Julio Jones Fan Boy so it'd be tough to put Gordon ahead of Julio, who I have ranked No. 2 behind Megatron. I have Dez third (he and Julio are pretty much interchangeable for me). After that, I would probably put Gordon fourth. One thing to keep in mind is Eric Decker is a FA after this season. If the Broncos don't keep him, that should make Demaryius Thomas even more appealing - and he's already really good to begin with. But assuming Decker stays in Denver I could see my Top 10 WRs looking something like this for next season:

1. Calvin
2. Julio
3. Dez
4. Gordon
5. A.J. Green
6. Demaryius Thomas
7. Brandon Marshall
8. Jordy Nelson
9. Antonio Brown
10. Andre Johnson
what gordon has that these other guys do not have is a one year ban hanging over his head. he is only one party away from a wasted pick. this was the year to grab him. next year you are going to pay a higher price with a large risk / reward.
There's definitely risk involved with Gordon but if he can straighten himself out the upside is enormous - especially if the Browns get a legitimate, big-time starting QB. My goal in fantasy drafts is simple - I want as many high-end talents on my roster as I can get. There's no denying Gordon is a high-end talent.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JD CUBE

Post by JD CUBE » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

1. Jamal Charles
2. Matt Forte
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Adrian Peterson
5. LeSean McCoy
6. Peyton Manning
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Demaryius Thomas
9. AJ Green
10. Brandon Marshall
11. Marshawn Lynch
12. Reggie Bush
13. G. Bernard
14. Rob Gronkowski

Hopefully, this isn't an overreaction to what has happened the last several weeks, but the ascension of late round backs,the injury issues with early round backs, the stability of early drafted WRs and the spread between Gronk and everyone else (including Graham and Thomas) leave me with the impression that we are back to the 2012 with regard to a more WR heavy early draft. Manning's beast of a year could push him into the first round assuming that the Denver schedule is not unusually bad. Alshon Jeffrey and Josh Gordon should nudge their way into the early/mid 2d as well. Still scared of Cleveland and Gordon's knack for misbehaving.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, Tom and I want to talk about 2014 on our SiriusXM show tomorrow night. Let's see some first round predictions for next season if we were hosting a draft right now. Can we see 10-14 names for Round 1? I dare ya to give us a look and we'll even mention your picks on the air if we like what we see. ;) Thanks all.
Calvin
AP
Charles
Forte
McCoy
Bush
J Graham
Julio (assuming he's healthy)
L. Bell
Lynch
Dez
Lacy
Stacy
Dem. Thomas
Antonio Brown

+1 Doug Martin

2nd/third round will be deeeeep.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:46 pm

1. AP
2. Charles (interchangeable w/AP)
3. McCoy
4. Calvin
5. Peyton
6. Demaryius (a bit lower if Decker hangs around)
7. Forte
8. Dez
9. AJ Green
10. Graham
11. Lacy
12. Lynch
13. Gordon
14. Bernard/Gronk/Marshall