RGIII benched

mattjb

RGIII benched

Post by mattjb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 am

Sorry fantasy teams but you need a new QB.

kingraiders

Re: RGIII benched

Post by kingraiders » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Shanny is a jackass & needs to go away for good.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Is there anyone still actually starting him? If so, I am not sure how you made it to the playoffs.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:30 pm

JETS SB wrote:Is there anyone still actually starting him? If so, I am not sure how you made it to the playoffs.
I have been. It's called good drafting. :)

It should be noted that prior to 3 games ago RG3 was a Top 10 QB in many/most scoring systems. Two poor games in the last three dropped his ranking considerably. But until that point, despite all his issues, he was delivering QB1 production and was right in line with his preseason ADP.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:32 pm

JETS SB wrote:Is there anyone still actually starting him? If so, I am not sure how you made it to the playoffs.
In a non-nffc local league where we do a QB flex, he's my #2 QB (Cam), and was about to face ATL & DAL.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:38 pm

kingraiders wrote: and was about to face ATL & DAL.
That's the killer. Next two weeks could have been absolute gold mines for RG3.

Oh well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
I have been. It's called good drafting. :)

It should be noted that prior to 3 games ago RG3 was a Top 10 QB in many/most scoring systems. Two poor games in the last three dropped his ranking considerably. But until that point, despite all his issues, he was delivering QB1 production and was right in line with his preseason ADP.
You must have drafted REALLY good. He is the 14th rated QB.. He has had 7 poor weeks plus the bye. So your team obviously made the playoffs despite of him, and if you "drafted good", you likely have a backup that can put up decent numbers, with all of your studs at other positions, right Tom? :D

In leagues where its 6 points for a QB TD, I doubt there are many RG3 owners looking very good for a championship right now.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

McCown's been a little helpful lately. :D

I disagree with 7 poor games. Before the SF debacle I think RG3 had one game that I would consider poor. The rest he ranged from respectable to elite. Since that game, though, things have been far shakier from a fantasy perspective. I think RG3 this season has provided a good example of the disconnect we often see between real-life play and fantasy. He clearly struggled most of the season but until lately he was typically getting it done for his fantasy owners. I didn't have any significant complaints with him until the Niners game.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:02 pm

He had 7 weeks of 18 or less points. He had 8 weeks of 0 or 1 TD (plus the bye). He has ZERO rushing TD's.

These numbers don't cut it in fantasy, in this QB dominated format. Having McCown explains it.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Again, he was a Top 10 QB in many scoring systems before the Niners' game. Given his ADP (11th in the NFFC) and where I drafted him in my league (13th QB) I had no problems with his production at that point. It was right in line with his ADP. After that, however, things were nowhere near as good. McCown has absolutely helped me since then but prior to that point RG3 was getting it done for me in every game but one and McCown wasn't even on my roster so he obviously wasn't contributing at all. As I said before when I get respectable to elite play out of a player in every game but one I'm going to take that. If you disagree, that's fine but that was my assessment of RG3 before the SF game and I stick by it.

I also stand by my point that I believe I drafted well. My team was never contingent on RG3 being a Top 5 QB. If he was Top 10 - which he was - I was going to be in good shape and thus far I have been.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich