What Do You NEED On Thursday Night?

boutrous11

Re: What Do You NEED On Thursday Night?

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:04 am

BigBlueNation wrote:The door just opened a little for us non-Bronco owners. It's time to step up and make a move, THIS WEEK.
i am with you

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:02 am

I am absolutely shocked that the plan to feature Andre Caldwell and ignore Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Julius Thomas didn't work. Shocked. Absolutely shocked I tell you. Who could have possibly assumed that plan would fail?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

xknsmithx

Post by xknsmithx » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:13 am

BigBlueNation wrote:The door just opened a little for us non-Bronco owners. It's time to step up and make a move, THIS WEEK.
I couldn't agree more. This was HUGE for me in the Cutline Championship.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 am

I especially do like the late Denver FG because they were down by 10, to salvage a respectable 9+ point day from Prater! :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:06 am

Sandman62 wrote:I especially do like the late Denver FG because they were down by 10, to salvage a respectable 9+ point day from Prater! :D
They waited too long to kick the FG. They didn't take a single shot downfield or in the EZ despite needing two scores and having no timeouts remaining. It's like Peyton forgot how to play football last night after the opening drive.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:14 am

Loved that field goal!! Was saying to myself when it was 14 Prater's night was over, no way Peyton would let them kick 3 if it was a 7/14 point game.

And Tom I agree 100%. For the first time in quite some time, I saw Peyton look to the sideline confused and waste a precious 10 seconds in that final drive at the 35 yard line.

He might not have lost the game (the entire team played poorly), but Peyton had no zip on his passes and his usual calm demeanor wasn't there.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:17 am

Coach JP wrote:Loved that field goal!! Was saying to myself when it was 14 Prater's night was over, no way Peyton would let them kick 3 if it was a 7/14 point game.

And Tom I agree 100%. For the first time in quite some time, I saw Peyton look to the sideline confused and waste a precious 10 seconds in that final drive at the 35 yard line.

He might not have lost the game (the entire team played poorly), but Peyton had no zip on his passes and his usual calm demeanor wasn't there.
He was great on the first drive (not surprisingly one that featured his top weapons). After that it was like he was trying to make a star out of Andre Caldwell. If I was a Chargers defensive player or defensive coach I had to be absolutely giddy that every time Peyton took the field he was refusing to even look in the direction of D.Thomas, Decker or J.Thomas most of the game. Talk about making the job a helluva lot easier for the Chargers. What an abomination of a game plan.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:06 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Coach JP wrote:Loved that field goal!! Was saying to myself when it was 14 Prater's night was over, no way Peyton would let them kick 3 if it was a 7/14 point game.

He was great on the first drive (not surprisingly one that featured his top weapons). After that it was like he was trying to make a star out of Andre Caldwell. If I was a Chargers defensive player or defensive coach I had to be absolutely giddy that every time Peyton took the field he was refusing to even look in the direction of D.Thomas, Decker or J.Thomas most of the game. Talk about making the job a helluva lot easier for the Chargers. What an abomination of a game plan.
I thought I spotted Mike McCarthy on the sidelines....maybe he was helping with the gameplan he used in the Detroit game? :lol:

Sorry, that one still eats at me. Flynn was completely overwhelmed in that game, and should of been yanked no later than the 2nd quarter.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 am

Still can't believe how badly that game played out last night for us owners riding Peyton and the Broncos and at the worst time possible obviously. Going into the game I was worried about the whole short week aspect because of Peyton not being on his routine of not practicing till Thursday and now he had to play a game on the day he starts gearing up for the following week on top of being without his safety valve Welker. On the flip side it was a perfect matchup for him vs the Charger secondary and then on top of it to have a night game in Denver in December without any weather conditions set up nicely for him but the Denver Defense just couldnt get off the field all night and it was a trainwreck of a game for Denver. Peyton and his offense weren't on the field the whole 2nd and 3rd quarter and the biggest play was the idiot jumping offsides on 4th down on a punt which let S.D keep ball the whole 3rd quarter. So the way I see it now first the McCown owners took the first big hit, now us Peyton owners took the 2nd big hit, your now on the clock Foles, Bress owners

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:26 am

SD deserves a hell of a lot of credit. They played a sensational football game. Showing blitzes, backing out etc. They not only played a great offensive clock killing game, they also made Manning use a lot of time trying to figure out the defense, which in turn slowed the game down, and also helped prevent the pass rush from tiring.