Shawn Siegele On STATS Fantasy Advantage Tonight

Tom Kessenich

Shawn Siegele On STATS Fantasy Advantage Tonight

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:28 am

We're happy to have Shawn Siegele joining us at 11 pm ET on the STATS Fantasy Advantage on Sirius Radio. Shawn and his brother Tyson are not only leading the Primetime going into the final week but they have not one but TWO teams in the Top 4 in the overall contest. We'll talk about all that and much more with Shawn tonight. We'll also take a look at this week's big games and much, much more TONIGHT on the STATS Fantasy Advantage on Sirius XM Radio Channel 210/XM87.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Shawn Siegele On STATS Fantasy Advantage Tonight

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:12 am

Sammy "The STATS Man" Lubeck gave us some great STATS Facts last night on the show. Here's a few of them:

** Jamaal Charles was the first player in NFL history with 4 receiving TDs and a rushing TD in the same game. His 195 receiving yards were the 3rd most by a Running Back in a game since 1966. Since 1960, only four other players have had 3 receiving TDs and a rushing TD in the same game.

** The last two weeks have produced the most points in NFL history for a single week. The record was set in Week 14 with 859 points and Week 15 came in 2nd with 844 points. The only other 800-point week was Week 12 of 2008 (837). Amazing.

** Tom Brady is 43-7 in the month of December (.860 %). Tony Romo is 11-17 (.393) and Matthew Stafford is 3-9 (.250).

** There have been 88 QB starts by players who didn't start for the given team in their first game this season. That's the most since 2011 (116). There were actually 128 such starts in 2010. In Week 15, backup QBs went 4-8.

** The Chiefs were the 26th Defense selected in NFFC drafts this year, but they lead all teams with 11 Defensive/Return TDs. Chicago is next with 7, followed by Dallas and St. Louis with 6 each.

Fun stuff.

Also last night, Mike Spofford of Packers.com said if he had to read the tea leaves this week, he believes Aaron Rodgers will start on Sunday. It was just his educated guess, but he felt Rodgers would be cleared on Friday. We'll see if it happens. It was also great to have Howard Balzer on the show last night and he provided some good insights around the league.

It was great having Shawn Siegele on the show last night. When asked how he and his brother Ty divide up the responsibilities on all of their NFFC teams, Shawn said "He pays and I run the teams!!!" Nice.

Shawn had some opinions about the NFFC's 6 points per passing TD scoring system last night, stating that he loves it because it makes owners take quarterbacks sooner than he ever would. Look at his rosters and you'll see how he often waits very long before taking his QBs in the NFFC. His Primetime team that is 4th overall has Jay Cutler taken in the 14th round and Carson Palmer taken in the 16th round. It's a different strategy, but one that has been paying off for him over the last couple of years. Good stuff.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Also last night, Mike Spofford of Packers.com said if he had to read the tea leaves this week, he believes Aaron Rodgers will start on Sunday. It was just his educated guess, but he felt Rodgers would be cleared on Friday. We'll see if it happens.
Oh so Rodgers wants my soul now Greg??? It's still for sale ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:24 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Also last night, Mike Spofford of Packers.com said if he had to read the tea leaves this week, he believes Aaron Rodgers will start on Sunday. It was just his educated guess, but he felt Rodgers would be cleared on Friday. We'll see if it happens.
Oh so Rodgers wants my soul now Greg??? It's still for sale ;)
After seeing him address the media today, I'd say he's a no-go for Sunday. It's time to tell Dr. Pat McKenzie to move aside and let Aaron play. THE TIME IS NOW!!

Man, the weather forecast looks brutal for Sunday up here. Possible major snowstorm, high winds, single digit temperatures. It could be the Eddie Lacy vs. La'Veon Bell show no matter who is quarterbacking that day. Could be brutal, but now I'd be shocked if Rodgers is playing. Bummer.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Teams usually tend to bring their players back too early from injury. A lot of the times the player aren't able to perform like usual, and other times get reinjured. Gronk comes to mind with the re-fracturing of his arm last year.
Greg Ambrosius wrote: After seeing him address the media today, I'd say he's a no-go for Sunday. It's time to tell Dr. Pat McKenzie to move aside and let Aaron play. THE TIME IS NOW!!
I find this pretty hilarious.

Yes, lets go with the athlete's decision and eagerness to play over the expertise of an orthopedic surgeon who spent 10 years of his life becoming one. You do realize he did his fellowship under Dr. James Andrews. I have a feeling there wouldn't be any questions asked if Andrews said he wasn't ready.
"I trust him and care about him a lot as a friend and also as somebody who counsels me when I'm injured," Rodgers said of McKenzie. "We've always been able to have honest conversations, and I respect his honesty and that he cares about the guys so much, because he does. And sometimes those guys need to save you from yourself
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packe ... er-kinship

So even Rodgers knows what he doesn't know, but is pushing to play anyway. Because that is what top flight athletes do.

Honeslty, no the packers time is not now. Not with that horrendous defense, they are not going to the super bowl. If they run into the hawks, 49ers or even the saints.

I feel like most packer fans are crying like spoiled babies. You have had 20+ years of good to great quarterbacking with Favre and Rodgers. And you want to risk the future years for a maybe super bowl run. Even with Flynn playing you might have a shot of making the playoffs. Rodgers might be back by then.

I wish the packers front office ran the bears for the past 20 years. We have finally someone good with Emery.
To me this is the right decision by the Packers front office.