Regrets on Lineup Choices

chriseibl

Regrets on Lineup Choices

Post by chriseibl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Just want to hear everyone's regrets from their lineup decisions over the past weekend. For every one person who made the perfect lineup choices over this past week, there are 10 people like me who screwed up. I really miss the ability to set separate lineups for your league championship vs. overall championship and am somewhat mad at all the people on this board who thought that was too complicated for some reason as that definitely affected my decisions in Week 14 :evil: !

In week 14 I deliberated until kickoff between Cordarelle Patterson (home-run) vs. Darren Sproles (safe), Week 15 between Alex Smith vs. Matt Ryan, keeping in mind that I still needed to defeat the H2H winner in the league championship. I made the wrong calls so instead of 2nd, I rode the Jamaal Charles train to 10th. In hindsight, I stand by those decisions. In no way do I feel my team is deserving of being that high, just a reminder of how big of an impact each little lineup decision can make.

Just making this thread to see if anyone else has any lineup regrets to share in my misery! :)

Coach JP

Re: Regrets on Lineup Choices

Post by Coach JP » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:45 pm

In the long run, if you're a good fantasy player these gutsy calls will win you more than not. The main thing is to not be Mr. Hindsight and think would've, should've, could've. Go with your gut, set it and forget it!

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:50 pm

I agree completely, and it all evens out in the long-run. I don't feel at all as if I had bad luck or anything like that, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who occasionally makes a line-up decision now and then and wishes they had done something else. Even if you are confident in your analysis that led to your original decision.

Well... if nothing else, I can use this thread to complain about the people who thought the separate lineups for championship game and the consolidation were too complicated! :)

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

There was no way to see an Alex Smith explosion. Actually, it was a Jamaal Charles dump-off pass TD explosion, and Smith was riding his coattails on those tds. The matchup was very good for Smith because Oakland's pass defense is terrible, but still. I would have chosen Ryan, too.

JD CUBE

Post by JD CUBE » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm the guy chasing you for the league 3500 and you are exactly right. The league playoffs and the Championship round are 2 different playoffs each with differing strategic considerations. IMO, limiting the rosters to a single lineup substantially favors the teams who "won both ways" or finished 3rd. Of course, it may not matter, but having to choose one over the other seems unnecessary.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Week 13 Primetime - I had a very nice Thanksgiving start with Stafford and Calvin. Sunday I had a huge lead going into the games and blew almost every decision. Started Housler instead of Heath Miller (Thanksgiving night). Got somewhere around 5 instead of 16. Started Prater instead of Vinatieri, got somewhere around 5 instead of 23ish. But my worst decision was made about 10 minutes before kickoff..... I could not decide between Ryan Mathews who did not finish his week 12 game, Lamar Miller who was facing the Jets or my shiny new waiver toy, Justin Hunter who got about 16 points week 12. Decided to pull Mathews for my shiny new toy (Hunter). Hunter got about 2 points, Mathews 14ish and Lamar Miller about 9. I lost total points by 3...... Did not have best record either..... settled for 3rd place and $900 instead of a guaranteed $3,000 and a 3 week runoff for the other $3500. Oh well... my bad.... That bad decision and Calvin deciding to "hot potato" a Staffort pass into a defenders arms (-2 for the pick and no catch for Calvin).... I should have realized I was doomed....

Pete

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:15 am

Jersey Dawg wrote:Week 13 Primetime - I had a very nice Thanksgiving start with Stafford and Calvin. Sunday I had a huge lead going into the games and blew almost every decision. Started Housler instead of Heath Miller (Thanksgiving night). Got somewhere around 5 instead of 16. Started Prater instead of Vinatieri, got somewhere around 5 instead of 23ish. But my worst decision was made about 10 minutes before kickoff..... I could not decide between Ryan Mathews who did not finish his week 12 game, Lamar Miller who was facing the Jets or my shiny new waiver toy, Justin Hunter who got about 16 points week 12. Decided to pull Mathews for my shiny new toy (Hunter). Hunter got about 2 points, Mathews 14ish and Lamar Miller about 9. I lost total points by 3...... Did not have best record either..... settled for 3rd place and $900 instead of a guaranteed $3,000 and a 3 week runoff for the other $3500. Oh well... my bad.... That bad decision and Calvin deciding to "hot potato" a Staffort pass into a defenders arms (-2 for the pick and no catch for Calvin).... I should have realized I was doomed....

Pete
That stuff happens, Pete. I played Tennessee over Cleveland, Brees over Foles (that one I'm not kicking myself over), and R.Cooper over K.Wright last week. Had I switched all those, I would be 2ND overall in the Classic going into the last week instead of 15th. Sure you lost about $2,100, but not knowing the rest of your roster and the roster of the best record team, you probably wouldn't have made much noise as Stafford has been horrendous and Calvin has been a shadow of himself the last 2 weeks.

Good luck!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Cutline team competing for $50k in week 16 ....

For now, on my BENCH I have Vereen, Demaryius and Julius Thomas. Gronk and Harvin won't play or it would be even worse.

Here are my starting flex players - AP, Lacy, Alshon, DeSean, A Brown, K Allen and J Graham. Anyone want to chime in on what they'd do differently? My other cutline lineup was pretty easy, this one has regret written all over it. :cry:

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:04 pm

D. Thomas would be in my lineup for someone. Who I don't know exactly.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Hard to argue with your selections KJ based on the match ups but might be worth the gamble to sit Alshon as he's on 5 other teams of the 12 and play D Thomas.